After ankle surgery exercise

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 13, 2013 2:14am
via iOS
I had a surgery to fix my broken fibula and I had a cast on for one month and during that month I was sitting Down in the couch obviously because I couldn't do anything else. So what are some excersises I can do so that I can loose my belly fat and not really use my ankle..like sitting down excersises?
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 2:15am
via iOS
Abs are easy. Crunch sets and sit-ups shouldn't be too difficult. Butterfly crunches, obliques, russian twists, reverse crunches, Etc.You can even fit in some arm workouts too.
Try to fit in some cardio if you can. I had knee surgery and i played just dance on the wii using only my arms. 
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 2:37am
via Android

I Will tell you this from experience: When your doc tells you to start p.t. ankle exercises, DO IT. I put it off, and put it off, and eventually 6 years had passed and I developed back pain from uneven strength and I have weird pain and weakness in my ankle. I'm working on it now but DAMN I wish I had listened. Good luck!  :-)

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 3:54am
via Android

Consult doctor..

Dec 2, 2013 4:20am
via Android

You could do arm circles forward and backwards

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 6:28am
via Android

whether you're able-bodied or not, losing weight is best accomplished with a plan that has its foundations in good eating habits.
You could theoretically not exercise at all and still lose weight easily by carefully tracking calories and avoiding certain problem foods.
Working your core is great for health though, so, regardless of calories burned, you should at least be doing those kinds of exercises.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 3, 2013 1:48am
via iOS
Thank you all for your tips!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51