Herbal tea ?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 6:51am
via Android

green tea ...does it really help ?

25 Nov
Absolutely! Detoxifies, adds energy, keeps you looking young! I just had a cup of pineapple green tea with a squeeze of lemon...yummy & soothing
25 Nov
Thank you for the info!
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 7:09am
via iOS
Yes. It helps your body remove toxins.. And also assists in weightloss
25 Nov
Thank you for info!
Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 2:36pm

Most teas contain antioxidants - which bind to oxygen free radicals - which, if left unbound can cause DNA mutations - which - if you accumulate enough of them, can cause cancer.  When people talk about "detox" maybe this is what they mean. But 'detox' isn't a word that is really used by scientists as far as I'm aware - it's a phrase used by alternative people and quacks trying to peddle the latest herbal product.

Apart from this I'm not aware of anything magical about green tea in particular.  Apart from the fact that, contrary to what many people believe, it does contain caffeine.

Try not to get caught up in the latest herbal/diet/exercise fad, would be my advice. A varied and balanced diet that matches your metabolic requirements is always preferable to drinking gallons of 'this' or eating kilos of 'that'.

All the best :)

25 Nov
Thank you for the info...I never imagined it that way! Then again I have never tried any dieting. . Im just looking to loose 15 pounds.. im pretty active...play sports..I have just always wondered about green tea!
25 Nov
My pleasure :). Half the battle's won if you're already in the habit of living an active lifestyle. I'm sure you'll attain your goal. What sport do you play?
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 5:18pm
via Android

No have coffee

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 6:17am
via Android

Green tea is not herbal tea. Herbal tea is made from just any old plant you throw in hot water and almost always has no caffeine. Green tea is made from an actual tea plant. Real teas have caffeine.

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 9:05pm
via Android

I don't know if its good for you but I love hot green tea with honey! 

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 9:24pm
via Android

Lol

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 11:00pm
via Android

It's the shiz.com. Boosts metabolism, helps destroy free radicals in the body, anti aging...I mean have you seen those old Chinese guys do kung fu? They are practically 100 years old,  can take on a group of ninjas single-handedly, and can walk on the tops of trees.

I'll have what they're having.

26 Nov
I want to be a ninja too!! Lol
26 Nov
You could never. You would have to be silent as the night, attack swiftly without being detected, throw fireballs from your hand, drink the blood of a virgin newborn flamingo, divide all double digit numerals and find the remainder (without assistance of an abacus or counting on your fingers) all at the same time while keeping a good credit score. Sorry, I don't think you have it in you
26 Nov
Well your no fun! :o
26 Nov
Lmaooo ommg you guys ...ya are soo funny :-)..but sure I want to look like them too naturally with no platic surgery!
27 Nov
Oh yeah sexy like a ninja! Lol
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 27, 2013 12:38am
via Android

soccer and softball !

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 27, 2013 3:26am
via Android

Yessssss love me some tea. Green, dragon fruit,  licorice.
most of all you should try Yoga tea

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51