Advice needed about a crush.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 9:23pm
via iOS
I'm lesbian and I like this girl and she likes me too. I want us to date, but her mom is homophobic. I don't have anyone to talk to about this. None of my friends care, but it's been on my mind. We have a date this week and I need tips to help me on our first date. She is worried that her mom will find out. We aren't in a relationship yet though. I don't know what to do. I really like her and I'll regret this if we never try to date, you know?
10 Mar
Focus more as two friends hanging out. You two need to focus on discovering whether things are worth something between you. Sorry I can't be any more help.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 10, 2014 10:12pm
via iOS
But I really like her. We really like each other.
10 Mar
I hear you and hanging out as friends helps you work on building a better relationship. Going behind her mom's back to 'date' will only make mom believe all the negative ideas she already has. Think it through and best of luck. No one here is saying you shouldn't like her we're just saying start out right.
10 Mar
No one is telling you not to have feelings, hiding relationships from family is the worst kind. That destroys relationships, just focus on the friendship part, build trust with her mother. I can't expect her mums view to change over night (although very disgusting) just don't sneak and reinforce her belief.
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Mar 11, 2014 2:01am
via Android

Homophobic parents are scary! This issue can really only be resolved with your crush and her mom leveling out the issue. There really isn't much you can do ti make her change her mind and accept you dating her daughter. If the girl wants to date you and is willing to put up with her mother then I say go go for it! Unless her mother is crazy controlling and will send her away, then totally don't go for it... Because that would be sad :(

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Mar 11, 2014 9:31am
via iOS
Trust me dear, 
Sneaking around behind parents back just exacerbates the bad situation completely. 
I think just take it slowly, talk about it with her. Don't rush into things. I know how hard it is to have parents against you or your parents against them. What you have to do is prove them wrong. And if you can't, then maybe it's better to just respect them and not go there. 
I liked the suggestion of just staying as good friends for a while. I wish you all the best :) 
Image_thumb
185 Posts
Mar 11, 2014 9:32am
via iOS
How old are you anyway?
12 Mar
I'm 16 (I'll be 17 next Monday)
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 12, 2014 1:32am
via iOS
why are you all putting date in quotation marks?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51