How to not dread running ?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 10:59pm
via Android

I run a little over a mile a day (yes i know its not much) but I always dread it and wish I didn't, any tactics or type of motivation ideas to inspire me to run and have fun doing it ???

26 Mar
If you"dread" running, why not bike, hike, canoe or do some other type of cardio. HIIT, Tabata , Zumba etc... I'm sure you can find something your into.
27 Mar
Those are some good ideas also.! I'll be sure to look into them canoeing would be awesome ^•^
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 11:13pm
via iOS
Make in like an course run
26 Mar
It not in
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 11:16pm
via Android

Could you explain this ?

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 11:21pm
via iOS
Like in highschool we free ran for like 2 miles either inside the school or outside in the neighborhood with many trails and ways to get to point A to point B without going in a circle or straight line
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 26, 2014 11:25pm
via Android

Oh I see what you mean now. Thats a good idea. Its just im new to the area and im afraid of getting lost haha. Maybe ill map it out on my phone. Thanks (:

27 Mar
Run with music ;-)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Apr 4, 2014 9:40pm
via Android

You can also add I'm stations like every fourth of a mile do pushups or sit ups. That's what I do and its a great way to keep your heart rate up and get double the work.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 4, 2014 10:16pm
via Android

Do something you enjoy more...

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 5, 2014 8:27pm
via Android

Listen to music. Or better yet chew gum while running!! It works for me

Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 1, 2014 9:25pm
via iOS
If you don't evjoy it of get any satisfaction out of it, try a different sport? I do swimming and running and after about  a few weeks of doing one or the other everyday, my body would tell me I have to go and I would enjoy it.  

At the end of the day I know the point in exersise is to be fit but if you dread doing it everyday then don't do it, try something new. It could just be that your running the same thing over and over every day so it's boring you and your body try something new, a new route, new pace or program, or even distance. It helps, I have about 5 different paths that I run on and it means I don't get bored xxxx
Image_thumb
11 Posts
May 2, 2014 5:04am
via Android

I think running with a partner keeps you motivated, because you pick each other up when someone falls. Also when running see the finish line in front of you, its all about mind over body.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51