Does myfitnesspal work?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
25 Posts
May 11, 2014 7:45pm
via Android

I just made an account on myfitnesspal and I don't know if it works. Advice?

19 May
It has lots of good features, but in the end I didn't find it too useful. I spent ages logging every model of food I ate but found that the exercise logging was so poor that I never knew what my net calorie total was. You need to be extremely dedicated to get the best from it I think - too time consuming for me. Now I focus on planning/tracking my workouts thoroughly (with this app mainly) and eating healthy (without an app). Works much better for me.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
May 11, 2014 8:33pm
via Android

What do you mean with works? You can track everything with it...

11 May
Do younmean, does it sync like fitbit? Not yet that I have researched
11 May
I have myfitnesspal and love it, like Sebastian said, you can track everything. Worth giving a try.
12 May
Yes it syncs with a LOT of things now.
199021_1920635940023_7021108_n_thumb
23 Posts
May 15, 2014 8:14pm
via Android

I  have an account with myfitnesspal and love it.  I don't always log in my good but it tracks everything.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 15, 2014 9:03pm
via Android

Yes. I used to use it and it was really good but wanted to try something with more workouts so I now use this.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 17, 2014 4:43am
via Android

It works if you use it correctly.

A common problem is overestimating your exercise burn, so I just stopped logging workouts or would log half.

You have to get into the habit of measuring and knowing the portion sizes and making your own food entries and meals.

It's a great tool, and the concept, burn more calories than you eat, is simple math, so it has to work if you do it consistently/correctly.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
May 17, 2014 4:46pm
via iOS
Using myfitnesspal is a great way to track what you eat and how you burn it off. Yes, it's tedious but worth it! You begin to notice your eating patterns and myfitnesspal also gives you a way of knowing how much iron and vitamins you are consuming.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51