Extremely anxious

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 2:30pm
via iOS
So I have been picked for a local athletics thing. I'm supposed to be doing 1500m. It's quite a big thing, loads of different schools will be there and I am extremely nervous about it. What if I'm really sow compaired to everyone else? And I'm really scared to lose almost and I'm just incredibly anxious about it
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 15, 2014 3:44pm
via iOS
Power of positive thinking :-) tell yourself you can and do what you can between now and then to be the most prepared you can be. Win or lose, fast or slow, you will know you went in with a positive attitude and the best preparation you could!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jul 15, 2014 9:00pm
via Android

Do your best and put your effort into it, but always have perspective on how little it will actually effect your life to lose. I'm not diminishing the accomplishment, just saying that you can't make it your end all, be all. Take it for it is, an awesome moment.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 4:09pm
via iOS
It ended up alright yeah. When I was on the start line I could see, and everyone else could too, that I was the least experienced there. I tryed not to let this discourage me though. It was a mixed of year 9 and year 10 (I'm in year 9) I just tried to block everything out. When the gun went off I foucused on getting myself to a position in the middle, which I very quickly achieved. By the 2nd lap I was starting to slip places a bit, but I kept my head in the game and told myself I could do it! I kept my place for the majority of the race. I had half a lap to go and by now everyone was completely exughsted. I used all my power and streanght to absaloutly spirt my heart out, to the finish line, overtaking at least 3 people
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 4:10pm
via iOS
. I ended up coming 7th out of 12! Im pretty happy considering it was my firt proper race against people who have been training properly and run for clubs! I'm now looking into entering more as I got such an amazing buzz after! My runner number is now proudly stuck on my wall! Thank you so much for your support!!! Xx
19 Jul
very well done eve..:-) ..keep it up..:-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51