Possible pulled muscle

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 26, 2014 3:47am
via iOS
I was sprinting and all of sudden I got this horrible sharp pulling/twisting feeling in front of my left hip, it's bruised, swollen and hurts to walk and exercise, basicly my question is if any of you know what happened and if it's anything to be concerned about? Thanks!
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Aug 26, 2014 4:06am
via Android

IDK (Just want to put you in the active section.)

Image_thumb
87 Posts
Aug 26, 2014 7:46am
via iOS
I think you overstreched your muscle.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 26, 2014 12:25pm
via Android

Its more than likely a pulled muscle but still get it checked out. It may be something more, don't take the chance and injury it further. Good luck, I hope you feel better.

26 Aug
Sounds like you have a tear in the muscle. The bruising and the pain tend to suggest that it is more than just a pull. Get it checked out to be on the safe side. In the meantime just make sure you follow RICE protocol and do simple range of movement exercises like pendulums for the hips.
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Sep 14, 2014 9:23pm
via Android

Get it checked out by a physician. It's probably a overstretched muscle. Best thing you can do is don't work it for awhile. And Ice It Possibly.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Sep 15, 2014 12:06am
via Android

Because of the bruising I'd recommend consulting with an MD.  If it was only pained I'd think muscle pull, but bruising could mean a tear or rupture in the muscle.  Are there any soft spots or indentations in the muscle compared to the other side(another indication of a possible tear.)   Good luck and ice it down.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51