Wrist problem, pushups

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 1:52pm
via Android

My wrists hurt when i do pushups. My doctor said that i could not workout with my hands becuse they do not grow fast enough. Are there some ways how to workout without my hands? So i had to pause, but i miss my trainings. So please help folks

07 Dec
It's a problem. The routines, programs and workouts is with your hands :-$
07 Dec
Do you speak spanish?
07 Dec
No, just a bit
Dec 7, 2014 3:00pm
How about sports where there is no (much) direct stress on hands, like running, soccer, swimming, hiking etc.? And asking your doctor what kind of workouts are ok? Good luck, mate, don't give up!
07 Dec
I do not have much free time, before high school i used to play soccer and now i am going to the hardest school in my region
07 Dec
but thanks mate for your support
Image_thumb
110 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 7:05am
via Android

Not saying this is what you should do, but this is what I do when my wrists act up, and I've had problems for years. Instead of the standard pushup with your palms flat on the floor, grab some dumbells like your gonna do renegade rows and do your pushups. Your hands, wrists and forearms will retain more of a straight line instead of bending at the wrist.
I also looked through some of the workouts on this app and these might help:
Hand And Wrist
Physical Therapy-wrist, elbow, shoulder
Talk it over with your physician or physical therapist. They may be able to come up with a better solution for you. Good luck to you :-)

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 10:35am
via Android

I've had this problem too and I did 'knuckle push-ups'. On this position ur wrists are locked .

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 8, 2014 6:57pm
via Android

Thanks a lot for your support guys

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Dec 9, 2014 4:31am
via Android

Well u can use my hands. I can give u a hand *winkwink haha

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51