Who else does only body weight training

4 posts | Original | Recent
132 Posts
Dec 29, 2014 8:37am
via iOS
What are ur thoughts on not lifting weights . Is it really possible to build a lot of muscle without weights? I gained about 10 kg in 5-6 months and I know a lot of other people don't have access to weights either
29 Dec
You will build lean muscle doing just body weight training but you will need weights if you want to build more mass .. mass muscle is differnt to lean muscle .. eg I can lift more than guy's twice as much mass....which is due to me have learner muscle (steroids have same effect..water mass isnt lean muscle)
04 Jan
You can build muscle using just your body weight. Planks and push-up variations are great for that. But you will plateau. And that is frustrating. My advice. Add light to moderate weights to your routine. It helps tone and define arms, chest and back. Without the bulk! Much luck!
7 Posts
Jan 3, 2015 7:23am
via iOS
Most of the time a do body weight excercises, because weight training is boring to me and also since I'm a swimmer I don't need to be that bulky, but certainly you can combine both things like doing pull ups with a weighted vest or weight plate
111 Posts
Jan 3, 2015 10:30am
via Android

Bodyweight,  dumbells, treadmill :-)

5 Posts
Jan 3, 2015 3:32pm
via Android

Check out a book called 'solitary fitness'
By Charles Bronson.
Broke record after record for pushups etc in prison using bodyweight and the only equipment maybe a towel and a chair made of compressed cardboard. He was a large unstoppable unit of a man and his life in solitary confinement was literally only fitness

09 Jan
Thanks for the info man..:-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51