Best breakfast??

14 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 12:33pm
via iOS
Is it the best to eat bread or muesli? Or something else? Please answer :)
13 Jan
beautiful
13 Jan
I mostly have Porridge, honey and banana/blueberries/strawberries or alpen (museli) or a fruit smoothie ") i feel that porridge keeps me full til lunch time tho if that helps xx
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 1:28pm
via iOS
you can bread but a healthy breakfast would be a either a bowl of cereal,waffles and fruit,or a nutritional breakfast shake
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 1:34pm
via iOS
Sorry for the error in the beginning of my previous post *you can eat bread* the things I listed those would be what I suggest :)
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 1:52pm
via iOS
MEALS FOR A GUY
Here's my basic meal plans for the day. My fiancée has the first two meals and we find it sets you up for the day by ticking all the boxes for a healthy start  
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 4:41pm
via Android

A piece of toast with peanut butter and some kind of fruit

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 6:04pm
via Android

Special K protein and some soy or almond plus milk. Easy and quick.

15 Jan
Make sure you get the low or no sugar almond milk! The low sugar vanilla almond milk is great.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 6:57pm
via Android

Eggs

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 7:02pm
via Android

Low carb, high protein

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 11:15pm
via iOS
I like pizza..... Or whatever I had yesterday. If I didn't ate all of it XD

But if you wan't
To be healthy
I like to get an omelet with lots of veggies and egg whites.

Or if you are in a hurry low fat cottage cheese (did you know you can eat it on your way to work :D)

Both bread and muesli are terrible breakfest options (worse then pizza!!!) they are a bad choice for any meal in general as it's like candy. It just don't taste as good and usually have more calories. (Olay maybe not, but it's close!)
15 Jan
Egg whites are so boring and tasteless,i recommend 1 whole egg and 2egg whites. That way you get a better tasting meal without all the cholesterol
16 Jan
I agree. It was implicit you can use whole eggs or a mix if you like. I usually go 2-3 whole eggs and 6-8 whites :)
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 11:53pm
via Android

One of my go tos is overnight oats made with homemade kefir,  uncooked oatmeal, chia seeds,  cinnamon,  vanilla, and whatever fruit...very satisfying.

14 Jan
I eat a whole wheat English muffin, over medium egg, swiss cheese, tomato and a slice of avocado.
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 11:55pm
via Android

Some people have it sorted. Stay away from oats and any carbs really. You want a meat and nut breakfast. I have eggs and beans, high protein moderate fat and low carb. Don't believe the hype behind needing carbs for energy.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 15, 2015 1:34am
via Android

I'm a nutrition student, in the morning you should base your meal on 2 things : protein and fiber. So the best i recommend is a slice or two of a good bread (not a white one) with peanut butter. On the side, take the fruit of your choice (banana, apple, orange... whatever you like) :)

15 Jan
If you're a nutrition student then you should know not to recommend having bread for breakfast unless it's following a workout. Simple carbs and high GI from breads spike blood sugar levels faster than a candy bar.
15 Jan
I disagree. Whole wheat or whole grain bread is not a source a simple carbs. It's complex carbs. Yes WHITE bread is simple carbs and i do not recommend, at anytime of the day!
15 Jan
Regardless of wholemeal or wholegrain they're very rarely WHOLE. They get ground up so much that the fibrous layer becomes negligent and the bread, whilst still being more beneficial than white, is still digested rapidly causing an undesired spike in blood sugar. I will agree if you are to have one then let it be whole grain but it still contains more processed grains than actual whole grains. Like brown and white rice, the same thing but one get stripped of almost all its nutrients.
Image_thumb
1654 Posts
Jan 15, 2015 2:47am
via iOS
Sorry Caroline & Ty but I have to disagree with both of you. All the research I've done & the recommended meal plans by current trainers such as Jim Stoppani/Kris Gethin etc recommend a breakfast consisting of protein & carbs such as egg whites & oatmeal. 
That's the fun of working out though, everyone has their own opinion. 
15 Jan
People can have whatever they want for breakfast but what's optimal is the key. I've never heard of those trainers but you've no doubt heard of Charles poliquin, Ben pakulski and the legend Vince gironda? If you're interested and free then look in to their research behind carbs and breakfast, or just carbs in general. I know for years we were always taught high fibre wholegrain carb breakfast etc, I'm learning for myself now that I and everyone who's followed this way is much better for it, more energy less bloat. But everyone is different which is why there will...
15 Jan
Totally agree & that's why it's so much fun experimenting with your own body & seeing what works for you
10806383_10102684944012480_9084051896589746071_n_thumb
1 Post
Jan 15, 2015 3:00am
via Android

This is just Me but it gets me off to a great start:

1scrambled egg cheese + salsa
Half cup blueberries and black berries mixed with chopped nuts and fresh mint.
Drink a ton of water

Honestly every one Has different bodies and opinions. Go with what makes you feel good  and is well rounded.
Trainers students and nutritionists are all going to tell you different variations so just make your own decision . Obviously not pizza!

15 Jan
Now all they need to do is invent chocolate-flavored broccoli & we're golden!
15 Jan
It depends on what you are going to be doing that day and or your lifestyle. If you are trying to bulkup and gonna be working out then eating good carbs and protein for breakfast is good. If you are trying to lose weight than protein and fiber is good to eat.
19 Jan
Honestly a dope breakfeast thats healthy and delicious is just a couple of eggs fresh cut fruit oatmeal and some cooked ham

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51