Track Tips and Advice

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 3:24am
via iOS
Hello Everyone!
So Track Season starts in approximately two months and I have decided it is probably time to do so intense training. I am tall, and incredibly skinny and I have huge issues gaining any sort of weight. I run the 100m, 200m, 80m Hurdles, and the 800m. (m= meters) So I am looking for tips on gaining muscle, and on making my routine a little more exciting. I also am curious on how to improve my techniques. I have access to an indoor gymnasium. Any advice is welcome.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 16, 2015 7:47am
via Android

For a runner you're probably burning more calories than you're eating change that while eating healthy and you'll start gaining in no time. Lift heavy and eat healthy

17 Feb
Thanks for the advice. I always thought I ate enough. But chances are, I am just my eating enough of the RIGHT foods. I may also have a little bit of an overactive metabolism. Haha Do you have any suggestions for calorie enriched healthy meals?
17 Feb
Oats sweet potatoes brown rice , fish oil coconut oil olive oil cod liver oil, nuts, almonds, flaxseed, cinnamon, fruits, steamed fish, goat and calf meat and vegetables
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Feb 17, 2015 4:09am
via iOS
Thank You! Sorry to hear about your injury.. That would definitely suck. I am not familiar with working with weights, do you have any tips? And also for the sprinting drills, right now,  it is the dead of winter so I only have an indoor basketball court to do any sort of running in. Are there any drills I can do in that small of a space? 
Thanks again 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51