Heavy or light dumbbell ?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 12, 2015 4:42pm
via iOS
Hi friends.
I have bought 4kg dumbbell (8.8lb) but my mother told me it's too heavy and I should replace it with 2kg .. Because 4kg may cause me backache.. Is it right or not .? What is the best dumbbell wight for me ? I'm girl . 15 years with 99kg
12 Mar
your mum is wrong. Unless you have a medical condition, and can comfortably lift a weight for up to 10-15 reps you are fine. Make sure your form is correct when lifting weights and listen to your body. A 2kg dumbbell is useless unless you wanna use it to prop your door open.
13 Mar
Hahaha that comparison lol but what exactly do you want to do with your dumbbells as in which exercises? And as far to my knowledge it's not advisable to weight train for under 16 year olds as you're growing up and stuff but do your own research and no 4 kg dumbbell won't be the reason for backache.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 13, 2015 3:28am
via iOS
Lighter Dumbbells are used usually for more reps and tones your body, whereas heavier Dumbbells are for building muscle and you usually do less reps, therefore it's up to your personal goal.
Image_thumb
44 Posts
Apr 5, 2015 4:10pm
via Android

Is u want to get some strength u can use dumbells . Just remember while lifting weights stand straight and look forward otherwise ur mom will be right about backpain

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Apr 6, 2015 12:56pm
via Android

Lift heavy! Right technique is important. Know how to perform the exercise and you will not injure yourself.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51