Making time to workout

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 30, 2015 1:56am
via iOS
How do you guys make time to workout? I have such a busy schedule with work, clubs, school, friends, sports?
30 Mar
I do the mini work outs 10 to 15 mins a day just to do something. They can be quite intense so I always feel like I'm making an effort. Then when I have more time I do longer work outs. Good luck.
30 Mar
I get up early. I work out when my day should start and then set my alarm an hour earlier so I can fit in a workout. It sets me up for the day and helps with my concentration to study so a workout is as important as breakfast for me so I make the time. It's hard work to get motivated but once your in the routine it's easier
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:14am
via Android

Sacrifice. I have no friends hahaha
No but really, it just comes down to what things are you willing to sacrifice to make the time. "We all have the same 24hours" is true...but it's how we manage it ,is what counts. Trust me I know it's tough .

Image_thumb
43 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:16am
via iOS
We make time... Squeeze it in. If you have time to post this, you have time to knock out a 5 min quickie workout. I don't mean that in a negative way towards you.  But honestly on my busiest days I have to just squeeze in mini workouts here and there to get in my cal burns. 

A few years ago my doctor was telling me I needed to lose weight and I threw out the excuse " I don't have time, I'm soooo busy". Her response? You have the same 24 hours in your day as everyone else. At the time I was annoyed talking to someone who didn't have little ones, school, job etc. but I now Understand. Honestly what's 30 minutes out of 24 hours? If there's time for tv, Facebook, emailing, chats on the phone there's time for a workout. Even if it means 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there, running stairs during breaks etc. I always say if it's important enough to you, you'll find the time.. If not, you'll find a excuse. 
30 Mar
*** just realized this was in "teen zone", I'm not a teen... But it's all the same advice lol
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 3:24am
via Android

2 minutes everyday I try to do at least calf rises, I can even do them at work since I'm a cashier. And i will do stretches at work. I wake up a little earlier to go walking everyday. And when I have free time, I hit the gym for as long as I can. (: There is always time to fit in a small amount of quick exercises. Jumping jacks, calf rises, stretches, a quick jog, run, or walk. Good luck!(:

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 6:27am
via Android

I have a busy schedule.  It's mainly late at night. You have to just make the time for fitness.

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 6:41am
via Android

Like the others said, sometimes you have to make time, sacrifice something else. However, there are plenty of workouts that take little time and are very effective. Don't tell me you can't knock off 7 minutes a day? Browse through the workouts and set your timer to '5-10min' and have a look at the list of workouts that pop up. You can also try making daily activities more active. Dance while you're waiting for the bus or your microwave to finish heating up your food. Run or walk faster instead of simply walking. Run up/down stairs when you see any. Do leg lifts when you're seated and crunching when you're lying down. Try doing squats when you're waiting for someone, etc.

Hope this helps!

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 7:16am
via Android

Lucky enough to have a reasonably physical job so even days where I dont workout I usually clock up 10+km pushing barrows digging holes pruning trees and generally active... My downtime is usually spent surfing and just started cycling again...

Im not really a gym kind of guy... I have weights at home that I use if I want a weights session

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 2:13pm
via Android

When my dad worked full-time and went to the University in the evenings studying to become an engineer I asked him how does he manage to have time for everything. He answered "the more you do, the more time you have". And it's true.

30 Mar
I say wisely while lying on the sofa all evening. Lol. When will the day when I actually practice what I preach come?
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 9:50pm

Sometimes life is really busy. But almost, when we're saying "I don't have time" it just means "Something else is more important"

Whenever you say this, ask yourself, what is more important than caring for yourself, for your health, body and mind?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51