Help. I'm madfatstupidpig.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Mar 31, 2015 2:25pm
via Android

I always want to eat lots of confection.
How can I restrict myself?
Nothing helps. I don't know what to do.
?Help?

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 1:11am
via Android

First off I don't think you should call yourself madfatstupidpig. Secondly, what exactly do you need help with? If English isn't your primary language write in your primary language so everyone can just use a translator and hopefully help you.

01 Apr
Lol, I didn't expect that my English is too bad... Fine... Thank you for advise
01 Apr
It isn't that your English is bad, it's just you may be more inclined to use a different word than someone else so they get confused! And if that's the case, they can't properly suggest something to help you
01 Apr
Oh, okay
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Apr 1, 2015 5:40am
via Android

Hi Kate. Not sure what you mean by 'restricting your food'. If you mean cut down and eat less and less: that's not the way.

You should keep track of your calory balance on a daily basis: get yourself a little app helper to track and breakdown each single meal (including snacks and drinks!). Be honest, the only one betraying would be yourself.

Second step: calculate your basic metabolic ratio (what your body burns in rest) and add the activity factor for none to light moving (check out Scotty K's topic related to losing and gaining weight) - it'll give you an idea of your energy consumption e.g. for just normal day in school or office. Finally add the cals burned through working out - app, gym or outdoors.

Thus you will know what your body is burning. Now compare it to your intake: if you eat more (on average) you will gain, if you eat less, you will lose.

Very important: DON'T shred your intake down to health threatening levels like 1200 cals or less per day!! Also don't completely cut down on carbs! If your body doesn't have enough energy, your metabolism will go in starvation mode, i.e. shutting down everything not necessary to survive AND store any cal it can possibly grab. You will feel tired, weak and depressed, not wanting to move anymore at all. Plus: you may even burn muscles and feel even weaker.

Thus: set your intake to a healthy level (your BMR is a good start e.g.) and watch your macrobiotics - basically your body needs all of them. And just try to eat healthy like fruits and vegetables. There's no need to completely cut out junk, you can have cheat days to reward your efforts and remember why you're doing this. Just keep it to a healthy level.

And finally: just move it! Having your intake at BMR level means that every workout you do will get you in the losing zone! It will take some time (1kg of fat to lose equals being 7000cals short!) so don't rush it and give up quickly. Slow and steady consistency and discipline will win this race - and you will feel and enjoy the results!

Best of luck!

01 Apr
Thank you so much for the advises
01 Apr
Welcome. Explained this often, but not getting tired to do so. The more people have good knowledge and also spread it, the less diet industry will squeeze out of the ignorant rest. Enjoy your journey! :-)
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 2:15am
via Android

Nah you are only an attention needed no more

08 Apr
Lol what
08 Apr
I mean that sometimes the only thing we need is the help or attention of someone to be okey and when we havent got it we make horroble things
08 Apr
Hmm... I do things like that without anyone's opinion. Maybe some of us need attention, yeah
08 Apr
Obvious we all need care atention and afection we are humans
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 3:41am
via Android

Hey now! First of all, I see that you are working out and recording your progress, and that's a great start, don't stop doing that, everyday,a little more! Matthias always has some great eating advice, and there are many more that you'll find on here that give great workout and eating advice, listen to them.

Lastly, do your best to be as encouraging and positive as you can, especially to yourself, and try to stay away from negative posts, they will discourage you from getting the work you need done, find positive people, follow them, participate in their blogs between workouts, we're all in this together, different goals, but same work ethic!

08 Apr
Thank you!!!
08 Apr
Keep your head up girl, don't get down on yourself, never wit
08 Apr
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 12:07pm
via Android

I ate sweets too.But i eat  greek yogurt with bananas & strawberries.use the naturally sweet foods too, adventually totally cutting out sweet foods.
I ate nannas their sweet strawberries are  yummy berries.I would just start counting your calories that way u can still eat  chocalate or sweets but just in moderation. Goodluck ☆☆☆

08 Apr
Thanks. Yeah, I've already counted calories and it helps. But sometimes I can't tolerate it and eat sweets with lots of carbohydrates)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51