Best ab exercise?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 8:10pm
via Android

Hi all

Kind of a newbie around here, just found this app and it looks great!
I'm working out a lot (2x a week kickboxing 1h and 4x a week HIIT/cardio/running/ab exercises, it depens on how I feel that day) but I have a small problem.
I'm getting skinnier and skinnier but... only my upperbody. You can see my ribcase (which I find most definiately not a pretty sight) but my lower belly and upperlegs are still 'normal' (not toned I mean).
I'm trying to gain some upperbodyfat (so erhm my boobs shrank see my problem here... ), and I still try to eat clean.
What I really need are some good ab exercises to keep them growing (I need lower ab exercises in praticular).
Any suggestions?

20150110_122047_thumb
1 Post
Apr 4, 2015 8:23pm
via Android

I like the reverse crunches where you lift your legs up instead of your upper body. I always feel like that gets my abs burning even further down. The workout on this app called Timely Toned Torso includes those. Good luck! :)

04 Apr
Thanks! I'll include it in my workout tomorrow
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 8:54pm
via Android

* JackD * The Suffering
Or of you if you want to take it "easy " *JackD* The Cheese Grater

Image_thumb
214 Posts
Apr 4, 2015 10:14pm
via Android

Try these if you'd like:
Lower Abs On Fire! *E
Lower abs

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Apr 5, 2015 5:24am
via Android

YOUTUBE Xhit fitness blender standing ab excerises variety is the key but weights are also important for abs.Leg raises,spiderman crunch,wide toe touches, etc.but weight lifting done properly works your core.Do Xhit arm workout awesome.I would suggest upper body  free weight training.

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Apr 5, 2015 5:27am
via Android

I think ur doing too much cardio your thin enough build muscle now.

05 Apr
Thanks for your advice! :-)
05 Apr
Excuse me, but doing cardio has nothing to do with being thin. Cardio trains your heart, the calories burnt can be easily compensated thanks to the appetite increasing (which is very common but if it doesn't work for you just don't do it). You can do whatever you like, just keep an eye on your diet to keep things balanced. P.S. I myself was skinny and underweight, doing cardio didn't prevent me from reaching my goals, it actually helped a lot. But it could be just me... Take care you two.
06 Apr
Thanks for you respond! I agree with you, cardio has made me so much stronger. I guess I'm eating enough (it's always hard to know how much you should eat). Did a 1000 kcal challenge workout today. Not because you'd burn 1000 kcal, just because it looked like a challenge :P I have to say; I did great. I made it through the video without quitting, felt so strong :-):-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51