How to do pull ups

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
May 25, 2015 3:03pm
via Android

I'm 13 and I would like to learn how to do pull ups but I not very strong how do I get strong enough to do pull ups

25 May
26 May
Just try...strength will come eventually. ..have a target of 20 pullups...even if you're not able to do the perfect range of motion...try thise 20 imperfectly and you'll suceed
26 May
Silly thought, if you want to do pull ups but don't have enough strength built up, would swinging on the monkey bars at a playground help build the muscles necessary?
26 May
Omg Yesterday I was slowly lowering my self down my tree I am in agony but I can see a 6 pack coming
Image_thumb
159 Posts
May 25, 2015 3:52pm
via Android

http://www.fitstep.com/Misc/Newsletter-archives/issue69/how-to-do-your-first-chin-up.htm

Read this article :)

25 May
Uh it's not a hyperlink. But you can still Google search ' how to do your first pull up , fitstep.com'. The author Nick Nilson is amazing.
25 May
Thanks
Image_thumb
612 Posts
May 26, 2015 3:40pm
via Android

I would forget the advice to do them imperfectly.   Imperfect form leads to injury.  Quality over quantity.

Use Progressions of pullups to build the necessary strength until you can do full ones.  Don't risk injury by taking poor advice

26 May
Okay thanks but the Scooby guy is really helpful but I have sore mussels where my six pack would be lol
26 May
And I don't have a pull up bar so I am using my tree in garden
26 May
Ha ha i was talking about Munich.
26 May
Munish sorry
29 May
ERM I can't pull myself up

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51