Track Tips?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 5:38pm
via iOS
I joined the track team in my school. The first team pratice startes on Augest 18 @9:30am. What should I bring, wear, eat? And can I have some tips? I dont want to be the slowest runner there
06 Aug
Do you mean cross country?
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 5:11pm
via Android

I ran track all 4 years  of hs. Broke records lol . First of all there are MANY different events for you to try . Running , jumps , or even throwing shotput .. YOU WILL NOT be the slowest . You will do a lot of lower body exercises because thats what you first start with. BEST sport made theGREAT memories .YOU WILL LOVE IT .

04 Aug
Thxs :)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Aug 5, 2015 7:25pm
via Android

Wrap your ankles. Or wear compression sleeves. That was my mistake when I was younger. I have done half marathon first one was at age 10 or something. I was in track for awhile in high school. Don't drink too much water before hand. Bring water and gatorade with you.  You'll want to wear something tight but comfortable. try and get some decent shoes as well. If you are confused research. Go to a sports store and ask for help, if they seem dumb or just trying to sell you the most expensive shoe go somewhere else

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51