10 posts | Original | Recent

12049413_1009074332476152_4423927178453752191_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 3, 2015 8:29am
via Android

I cant do even one
Got some Advice?

03 Oct
Doing pull ups and push ups are basics when doing exercise......you need increase your arm strengh even if can do even a single pull.....start with push ups to increase your arm strenght
18 Oct
I live on a farm so I increase my arm strength by lifting square hay bales I also lift cinder blocks then after your able to pull one in each hand over Ur head then u should be able to start doing pull ups and even if u need a little extra weight try yard sales or stores to pick up some dumb bells
01 Feb
Try doing easier variations.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Oct 3, 2015 11:24am
via Android

I had trouble doing pull ups too. Don't put yourself down, they are difficult especially if you are just starting.

Pull ups involve a lot of your back and biceps, I would work on building these muscles. Also there are certain exercises you can do to get your body use to doing pullups. One is where you hold the bar, jump up then try and hold yourself in the air and slowly lower yourself back down. Another is a reverse pushup where you have a bar a foot or so above ground. Lie under this bar and have to align to your chest. Then grasp the bar and pull so your chest touches the bar.

Also remember, different pull up styles use different muscles. Having your arms closed together works your middle back muscles and having them wider apart works the lats more.

Hope this helps!!

03 Oct
These two are exactly what i would have said. Alt name of second one is 'inverted row'
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Oct 3, 2015 3:21pm
via Android

Well i was like you.A guy that use to look the other people doing tones of pull ups and i couldnt do even a half.Now i can do the max 10. Here are my tips.Start doing some dumbbells to strentgthen your biceps and triceps.Then when you will feel able to do some push ups hit em.Thats what i did and it worked :)

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Oct 3, 2015 3:42pm
via iOS
Put this into perspective.. When you do a pull-up you are lifting your entire body. That ain't easy & requires a completely different kinda strength to lifting Dumbbells or barbells. 

The only way to get better at doing them is to practice. Do them assisted for a few weeks, then begin to try unassisted & you'll soon develop the strength & balance to do them. 

One of my programs has people doing 3 pull-ups (assisted or unassisted) then resting for 30 seconds. You do this 10 times. Do this 2 or 3 times a week for 1 month & you'll be amazed at how quickly you will improve 
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 5:50am
via iOS
Verrrry hard to do when you're 200+ lbs but doable. Never stop trying cos you're going to be stronger week by week, strait or supine grip helps in my experience.. Keep smiling
04 Oct
ROD !!!!!
07 Oct
Wat up Scotty! Looks like your cut and put some muscle on bro. Awesome dedication fo sure!!!!!
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Oct 4, 2015 9:33am
via Android

You could also try elastic bands... it will ease your weight and You will be able to make a pull up much easier... tie the band to the bar so it drops down around your knees step on it and pull:) hope it helps:)

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Oct 12, 2015 1:04pm
via iOS
Hello Sanja. Still strugling with this?
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 15, 2015 3:12am
via Android

Hey sanja!:)
When I was younger I couldn't do any pull ups either....so I bought a pull up bar tht goes in a door way...and I put it in the doorway to my room...and I promised myself tht every time I walked into my room I would do as much as I could...and after about 2 weeks of this I could do about 4 pull ups.:)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 15, 2015 5:48am
via Android

الحب والحياة

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Dec 5, 2015 5:35pm
via Android

Do negatives that's how I did it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51