Cant put weight on !!help

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 11, 2015 7:33pm
via Android

Hello i need some help, ever since i started high school i have noticed i have gotten skinny ive tryed everything ti fatten up. Its not like i dont eat food i love food at usally finnish
all my meals but cant put weight on
Im 14 and im 6:4 in stone is there any way i can put weight on

13 Nov
Might just be your age too, you might be going through a bit of a growth spurt. (puberty and all of that) I was veryyy skinny at 13, but at 14 I got quite a bit more curvy. first you tend to get taller, then put on a bit more fat everywhere. It also might just be that you are a naturally skinny, and that's perfectly fine, you just gotta work a bit harder to gain weight if that's what you want but it's still possible. Scotty is totally right btw, read that, try it. I personally find it's quite...
13 Nov
Okay thanks vvery much
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Nov 11, 2015 7:52pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Nov 11, 2015 7:52pm
via Android

I can't gain much body fat either, even though I eat a lot. There is no healthy way to change that, but you can gain muscle mass, by eating more protein and doing strength workouts. This also has the little side effect of you getting stronger and feeling better. Good luck

11 Nov
Okay thankyou soo much
11 Nov
Happy to help.
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 11, 2015 7:56pm
via iOS
Hi Casey. Have you seen your GP? Sometimes they are physical reasons. Also how much exrcise do you do?
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 12, 2015 7:16am
via iOS
Casey just to clarify, you are 14 and you are meant to be putting weight at least every few months.if you are not putting weight, you either spend too much energy or you are not absorbing much energy. It is ok if you have not put a bit of weight in 2-3months, but if it is going on for longer then I would check with your doctor. Hope things settle
19 Nov
Casey, I am 24 and have weighed about 110 pounds since I was 15. Not to worry dear. As long as you are eating right and not over exercising you'll be all set, don't let anyone but your doctor tell you that you are too small.
19 Nov
Okay thanks
12 Dec
Hi Cassey, I have the same issue as you. Out of interest o asked a close family friend, who is a doctor,and he said this is very normal for teens. The reason you u can't gain is because you have a very fast and active matbolism, meaning your body digests food quickly so the food you eat does not stay in your system for long and become fat. Don't eat excessively in hopes to gain quick wait, carry on eating normal quantities of food and as you grow up your body's matbolism levels should drop. Eating to much can cause...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51