Workout buddy , ^~^

33 posts | Original | Recent

Picture_14_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 3:46am
via Android

Hey! My names jade , I love working out , and do almost everyday , but, sometimes wish I had someone to talk to about workouts and progress ,someone i could motivate who would motivate me back, so a workout buddy, if ur interested reply ! ^~^

28 Dec
Hi FallenAngel, I so need motivation. Will you please be my workout buddy. I'm a newbie at this, help me get on & stay on the right track.
29 Dec
Yep just msg me at anytime I've followed you, so I'll be on your leader board now :) msg me anytime especially if you ever feel discouraged
29 Dec
Hey patience :)
17 Jan
Sounds good to me love new friends follow me I'll follow back
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 3:59am
via Android

Hi FallenAngel J. my name is Ben. I am student my major is Exercise Kinesiology. I also teach martial arts and I am a runner. I sometimes need motivation because sometimes have trouble getting out of bed to go run because I usually go running in the morning.

28 Dec
Hi Ben I would love to have u as a workout buddy u seem inspirational already :) I'll pm u in the morning asking if you've gotten your run done yet and if u haven't I will help u get motivated to start ^~^
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 5:54am
via iOS
Hey Jade it's Lee!! You kinda know me a little already. I have trouble all the time gettin up and working out. I'd loved motivate you if you'd motivate me. I also love working out, running, biking, and lifting. But sometimes I just get so lazy. Let's totally be workout buddies!!!!
28 Dec
OK Lee ! :) I'll msg u tomorrow morning too :) and we can start or workout buddy routine lol
Icon_missing_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 7:53am
via Android

I think we can all use a little motivation. I know I struggle with just finding time in the day to workout. But helping keep someone else accountable can be really helpful!

28 Dec
I completely agree
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 4:31pm
via Android

You're awesome. I truly appreciate knowing that you're willing help me out by be there to motivate/inspire me to do my runs and continue losing weight. Also, it's great to know that I seem to inspire you. I look forward to motivating and inspiring you to accomplish your fitness goals.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 8:30pm
via Android

Thanks. I was wondering since you workout almost everyday do you mix up the different exercises to induce muscle confusion? Also, do you run or jog at all or do you mostly keep your workouts stationary?

Picture_14_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 8:39pm
via Android

Yes I like to mix up my exercises as much as possible, and I don't run or jog , I plan to start jogging in the spring tho, with a friend of mine who is in track, so tell me about yourself , I'm assuming besides running u enjoy HIIT since its cardio, maybe u like yoga too? Or just stretching? Do u use stationary often or do u prefer actual runs? :)

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 9:01pm
via Android

I perfer actual runs. I LOVE running . I Run 10k with 2.5lbs ankle weights on each leg, I run 3 times a week, on an olympic sized (450m), indoor track and I have taught Yoga classes. I can do the Chinese Split and alternate which leg is in front, I do the forward fold stretch everyday for 11:30 minutes straight before I do anything else.  the stationary workout that I do is Tapout XT. What I like a out Tapout XT is that it incorporates the resistence tubes. Resistance tubes are amazing because the provide the same resistence as a dumbell withoyt the weight and they can be stored anywhere. I have been doing martial arts since I was 3 and I have a 1st degree blackbelt in the Isshinryu Karate system and I have a 2nd degree blackbelt in the Moo Duk kwan ( authentic) Tae Kwon Do mixed with Aikido and Jiu-Jitsu.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 9:04pm
via Android

Also, as far as bpdy porpotoon goes I am 12% endomorph,  38% messomorph, and 50% ectomorph.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 9:18pm
via Android

In addtion, I forgot to tell you that I completely eliminated corn syrup, fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, vegetable shortening, and all soda/pop from my diet. So now aside from water I only drink Gaterade and Snapple Peach Tea and Bolthouse or Naked fruit drinks and Yogi Blueberry Slimlife Tea.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 28, 2015 9:40pm
via Android

How about yourself, I'd definitely like to hear more about you. Are you a compulsive exerciser like me?

29 Dec
When I am feeling motivated I am, when I first started on this all I did ten workouts a day at least, anyways, I like keeping my diet high in fibre and protein, I eat three portioned meals day and one to two small! snacks usually fruit
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 2:35am
via Android

Wow ten workouts a day at least I thought I was pushing it with my 90 - 95 minutes running with ankle weights, my 1 hour of Tapout XT, and 2 hours of Martial Arts in one day. But clearly you have me beat. I never heard of anyone doing ten workouts in one day ever. You must have been very, very motivated.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 3:16am
via Android

I am feeling a little discouraged because I came down with something and couldn't run on Friday which was supposed to be a running day for me making Wednesday the last day I ran before today. So I plan to go running again tommorrow morning at 5:00 a.m.. think you could give me some inspiration that early in the morning or will you be sleeping?

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 3:39am
via Android

Hey Jade!
My name is Emily and I'm in college for fitness. I've lost 25lb and am now looking to build some muscle. If you want to be workout buddies I'd love to help.
Thanks
Emily

29 Dec
I would love to be workout buddies , what r ur goals for each week I'll encourage you say day to accomplish them ^~^
29 Dec
Hi Emily my nsme is Ben. I think we might be have the same majot my major is Exercise Kinesiology is that what you're studying?
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 3:49am
via Android

Oh yeah to aswer your question about HIIT, I don't really have the much experience with HIIT however it does seem legit. Plus, I've heard yesterday and today that it is better than distance running which something that I personally don't believe. But Shin ohtake and thr other youtuber I heard it from say that HIIT helps burn more fat after one finishes their workout and that HIIT helps with anti-aging. Some In conclusion I am willing to do HIIT but only after or during my run. Like sorint fir 30 seconds then jog for a minute and similar combos of the two.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 4:09am
via Android

Which workout do you plan to do tomorrow? Actually you know what we do a HIIT workout tomorrow. However, I would only feel comfortablr do the HIIT wirkout after my run though.

29 Dec
OK I'm up for that msg me when your runs done and we can start
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 4:15am
via Android

Have you ever taken any self-defense/martial arts classes?

29 Dec
No I don't I've always wanted to tho, I don't got any money for classes tho
Picture_14_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 5:01am
via Android

Ben u were talking about needing inspiration early in the morning ? Tomorrow right?

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 10:15pm
via Android

Yeah I did need some inspiration but I woke up really late today. However, tomorrow I don't have anything going on So tomorrow would be great.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 10:48pm
via Android

If you ever get the chance to start but aren't sure which system to go with, I would recommend starting with a system called "Ippon Jiu-jitsu." Now first off, this is not Brazilian or Gracie Jiu-jitsu this is the real & original, 2000 year old Japanese Jiu-jitsu and it is very rough. It incorporates stand up fighting and a lot of ground fighting. So if you choose, once you start going and learning it for a while you'll have a very good if not the best ground game (ground fighting abilities) around. Or if you want to improve your stand up game then I woukd recommend a system called "Muay Boran" that is the real original and hardcore Muay Thai. Now don't get me wrong, Muay Thai is pretty brutal but Muay Boran is even worse for whoever you may need to use it on. In addition, in which ever system you choose your level if fitness will sky rocket. I've done both but I moved and I couldn't do Muay Boran any more, now the teacher at place go to now is teaching Moo Duk Kwon Tae Kwon Do and and Ipoon Jiu-Jitsu. Sorry thag took so long.

30 Dec
That's OK, and are online tutorials good enough till I can be money for a course , or are online tutorials bad in anyways besides no one physically teaching u
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 29, 2015 10:50pm
via Android

I can do a HIIT workout with you after my run tomorrow or after my martial arts class today I can msg you when I'm done.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 9:11am
via Android

Online is okay only in the beginning. Because you see how thr moves work and whag they do. However, eventually you're going to have to be able to do them in order to defend yourself in a situation. But if your doing for the fitness then online fine as long the moves are explained correctly.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 9:17am
via Android

Also, make sure that the online tutorial is specifically on Ippon Jiu-jitsu not Gracie or Brazilian. Or on Muay Boran.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 6:31pm
via Android

Technically physically us the best way to learn. However, it is not the only way. You might be able to learn martial arts through Skype or Google Video. I can teach you the basics and some really cool and useful techniques through one of those if you'd be interested. But eventually you will need to find someone who can teach you face to face. We might also be able to do some HIIT workouts together on Skype or Google Video.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Dec 30, 2015 7:08pm
via Android

Let me just make a suggestion. I recommend you start doing Muay Boran or Muay Thai and/or Taekwondo. Let me explain, training in Jiu-Jitsu to learn sekf-defense and lose weight will require that you have a partner so its probably best if you do that in an actual Jiu Jitsu dojo. So I change then you can burn more calories doing Muay Boran or Muay Thai and/or Taekwondo.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51