Cardio and fat burning? Heeelp

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 11:06pm
via Android

Okay, every since i was little I've always loved being active but due to medical issues i was able to work out or or even walk without being in pain. In 2014 on Halloween i got my last reconstructive foot surgery done. I need one more in my other ankle, but it would only be to take a pin out so the nobility of my ankle will come back. I can't really run yet, i end up getting charlie horses in both my legs all the way down to my feet and falling on my face. Do any of yall have any other tips for cardio? Or maybe i need to strengthen my ankles? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if anybody lives in san antonio and would like to be work out buddies lmk?

10 Jan
I like your run on command before you do have medical issues.
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 11:53pm
via Android

Do you get physical therapy after your surgery? I know my mom always got physical therapy after many of her joint surgeries.

10 Jan
Maybe you have arms like you
10 Jan
No i never had physical therapy they just put in a walking cast and told me to walk haha should i look into some of physical therapy programs on here than?
10 Jan
Ask your physician if you can get Physical Therapy after your surgery. Those people are trained in how muscles recover after surgery, etc.
11 Jan
Physical therapy could be very important. They told me the exercises I was supposed to do after my ankle injury & surgery, but I didn't do them and ended up not realizing how imbalanced I was for years, putting unhealthy strain on other parts trying to compensate for the weaknesses that never got fixed. Def something to seriously look into.
12 Jan
I actually dont have access to that physician anymore. Stuff happened and now we owe them about 1 grand for surgery the military was supposed to pay for, blah blah and now i have to find a way to heal myself on my own. Its been about three years since the surgery on my right ankle, and i still have the pin in that ankle, its constantly slips and cause me a lot of discomfort and pain in now only my ankle but the entire foot. It freezes up.
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Jan 11, 2016 3:57am
via Android

Do you have or can you get access to a pool? Swimming is so therapeutic, low impact, great for joints.

Besides that, when I was beginning I liked the recumbent Bike at the gym. That's the kind you sit back on with your feet out in front. You can really set your own pace and put a lot of time in at very low levels to just burn some calories.. While reading or whatever.

11 Jan
Check online for cardio exercises besides running. You should be careful with your diet since you don't exercise. Most of the people start eating more when they are not active and I am one of them. Physical therapy is very important. Swimming is very good. Light weight gym exercises helps
12 Jan
Well i do exercise, i cant eat if i dont excise. My body wont allow me to keep down food. I just recently figured that out.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51