College life

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 25, 2013 10:25pm
via Android

I would like to know if any one has any tips on how to avoid the dreaded freshman 15. I just started college and I would like to stay in shape but I am a nursing student and also work everyday so I won't have time to go to the gym as much as I would like.

25 Aug
If you don't have the time to workout just make sure you eat healthy and you shouldn't gain that dreaded 15!
26 Aug
You have to make time to workout at least one hour a day and join intermeral sports teams
26 Aug
First have a positive attitude and surround yourself with positive people to help stay motivated ! Maybe even try to find a workout bud!
27 Aug
Something similar happened to me last year, i paid for the gym but i didnt have time to go so i lost some money. That is why now i iust do some workouts at home before taking a shower in the morning
Image_thumb
132 Posts
Aug 25, 2013 10:33pm
via Android

Walk/jog to your classes, take the stairs. Find a healthy section in The cafe. And when your alone in your dorm. Sit ups and push ups . Did those and I lost weight XD.

25 Aug
Thanks so much! I lost a lot of weight last summer and I just don't want to gain it all back lol
25 Aug
No problem!I know that feeling. And it might get worse if your friends love to eat out like mine does.as long as you stick to it. You should be good
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 12:04am
via iOS
Eat healthy and try not to drink so much alcohol. A good chunk of the dreaded freshman 15 is put on by poor eating habits and alcohol.
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 12:45am
via iOS
It's my first year in college as well , but it haven't started yet( this September) .  I'm pretty nervous about it but hopefully everything will be ok.
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 3:59am
via Android

Dont get ice cream at the cafeteria. Bad news...

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 9:28pm
via iOS
College campuses are nice and big. During my  undergrad, I would walk at 15-30 mins three 3 times on campus to get to different classes. I would use the stairs rather than elevators. I would purposely park far away so I could get a good walk workout. 

All the best for a new semester!!
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Aug 26, 2013 9:40pm
via iOS
I am in college, too, a Sophomore. As long as you watch your food, you should be fine. I always walk to class the long way, purposely make my backpack heavier, and park far. I eat salad at the cafeteria and stand in my science labs. I did not gain any weight. Also, the stress can cause weight gain. Keep up with your work. Study in advance for the tests and do the assignments early!!!! This will make you less stressed out. Good luck!
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 4:16am
via iOS
you got arround 720 hours per month just sit and see how you will spend your time, whats your schedule and get a reminder app and follow your plan... dont say you have no time... you take the time.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 6:02am
via iOS
Fellow college student. While you are still learning your schedule just go when and for how long you can. Once you get your schedule down and initial stress wears off you really start to find time :)
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Sep 12, 2013 10:03pm
via Android

Don't facilitate the convenience of unhealthy food. Plan what your going to eat daily, if you don't think about it and plan it, unhealthy food will become an easy quick option. Plan!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51