Need stress relief?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 4:30pm
via Android

I've been so stressed out lately. I'm at the end of the rope! It's like my body's against me. As if it stopped speaking to me. Does anyone know of any techniques, exercises (besides yoga since I am in the loop) or therapies I can do to relieve my mind and body from being so stressed out all the time...

19 Nov
19 Nov
Weight training, if you bodies fighting against you....teach it a lesson
19 Nov
Aroma therapy...specifically lavender because it's supposed to be very soothing for the mind and if the mind is relaxed the body will follow :-)
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 4:42pm
via Android

Try prayer or meditation before a workout. That's what I do! It removes the distractions, worries, anxiety, stress, etc.

19 Nov
Err maybe I should try meditation !! :)
20 Nov
Meditation and stretching/yoga at the end of the day works wonders for me
Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 19, 2013 5:02pm
via Android

I always try to remember that Rome was not built in a day. Somedays you're going to rock it and somedays it will take a little bit more. Don't give up just push through. Good luck!

19 Nov
Will keep that in mind. Thanks for the positive energy!
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 5:30pm
Yes try that! I hope that will work for you! Stay focused as much as possible.
Image_thumb
255 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 7:14pm
via Android

Try zen meditation
It's pretty easy
You close your eyes breath deeply with your stomach and count your breathes
I succed to be not stressed anymore with this
I used the book zen meditation for dummies (i'm not joking)

19 Nov
Go to leisure centre for swim for 45mins or use a gym to exercise and keepfitfeelgreat daily Enjoy your day
19 Nov
Thank you Herel, I'll definitely look into it! ;)
Image_thumb
116 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 7:42pm
via Android

Weights always helped me but now that I don't have access to weights I've found that anything that requires a lot of physical exertion and gets a good sweat helps

19 Nov
That's why I got into hot yoga. It definitely gives me the sweat of my life!!!
19 Nov
Lol that's good what exactly is hot yoga? I don't know much about yoga lol
20 Nov
Hot yoga is any form of yoga exercises practiced in a heated room. It's supposedly a calm and environment-friendly stuido and space in which you preform yoga under hot and humid conditions. The fun part of the experience is you get to put on short shorts to look sporty cute and sweat like a true American! Lol. It's also often associated with the Bikram Yoga style. Now if the next person or ya friend ask you what's hot yoga, you'll know what to say to them! :)
20 Nov
Lol OK thanx
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 19, 2013 9:21pm
via Android

Figure out wats stressing u out deal with th root of it and it will stop growing ur body doesn't stop talking to u its all physical unless somthing medical was wrong my guess ur going through somthing or somthing is bothering u keep ur head up and hold on...whn we r at th end of our rope thts whn we got to tie a knot on th end and not let go...

19 Nov
Thanks Hannah!! It makes perfect sense of what you're telling me. Trust me, I have tried numerous times trying to figure out and search for what the underlying cause is that's making me feel this way but then again these are the type of stressors that I cannot put my hands on and control in life. All I can think of now is to distract my mind with techniques and exercises, even if it's for a little time, to just let go and allow myself to breathe properly.
Image_thumb
72 Posts
Nov 20, 2013 12:12pm
via Android

Drink a nice tea to clear your mind :D
You can get some really decent teas and they help you relax ALOT
Then focus on somthing.. anything that makes you smile like you deserve too
And pump out a good workout!

20 Nov
That just reminds me that I need to get back on my yogi kombucha green tea!!! :)
21 Nov
Love tea so many to enjoy haha
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Nov 21, 2013 12:37am
via Android

U can try a sport too...anything u like...wid a sport u can b fit also....basic stretches is a must!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51