Selfies - An observation....

19 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 7:30am
via Android

I'm curious - why do all of you pretty ladies take 'selfies' (man, I hate that word...)? I've noticed quite a few attractive females with 'selfies' as their profile pic... I mean, if you're hot, it shouldn't be all that hard for you to find someone to take your pic for you...

24 Feb
That's funny! That made me laughThanks man!
09 Mar
Says you mate, with 60% of your fotos being selfies. Haha.
09 Mar
I love selfies I jst do :-)
10 Jul
It's a lot easier to take a 'selfie' for a profile picture than have someone take your picture.. Js.
24 Jul
Its not just women takin selfies men are doing it too esp the "pretty boys" I see it all the time on fb ig and twitter lmfao
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 7:36am
via Android

Yea but why go through the trouble of going to get someone to take your picture for you for a workout app whn u can just take yourself?

23 Feb
I see what you're saying, but I see it all over social media, hot girls taking tons of selfies - It's like they're crying for attention, but they're good looking so I would think that getting attention in real life shouldn't be a problem for them...
23 Feb
I mean maybe their trying to get attention... people are lonely even ones tht people consider beautiful...or maybe they just enjoy social media or maybe they are just bored..I've never really thought about it... be honest I didn't knw what " selfie" met till I googled it lol
23 Feb
And now I bet you wish you never did google it lol
23 Feb
I dnt knw ... its one of those social things tht I dnt see the big deal about ... I thnk taking pictures is mostly a girl thing around here I mean everytime I turn around girls are taking pics on their phone as well as on digital cameras... of their self of them and their friends... guys jump in the pics or they take a pic of thm but I thnk its a girl thing... anyway doesn't it sound more desperate to go around asking people to take a pic everytime you wanted to take a pic of yourself?...
23 Feb
Yeah, you have a point there
Image_thumb
130 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 7:53am
via Android

Terry I enjoy taking a selfie because I like seeing progress and I am lonely. So I have no one to take a pic with. 100% being honest!

23 Feb
Aww, and you're such a nice girl - I'd take your pic for you
23 Feb
Awww thank you darling. :)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 8:19am
via Android

Because it takes a few shots to get a good picture out of your self.. I am a guy btw.. just saying

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 10:01am
via Android

Honesly most of the time I look better in my selfies than in a picture someone else has taken of me.

Image_thumb
185 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 11:41am
via iOS
Yeah, I don't have anyone to take a photo of me.. Usually my selfies are the product of myself with nothing to do.. That sounds vain but I'm not I just.. Erghh idk. 
But like Marushke said, most of the time I have a better chance at looking decent in a selfie than in a photo someone else has taken of me aha! 
23 Feb
Haha "oh i'm bored now. What should I do? Oh now I know!!!! #selfietime"
23 Feb
I volunteer to be your personal photographer - when do I start? Lol
24 Feb
So Christian if you're making fun of me go right ahead if it makes you feel good. I actually sometimes just feel like doing my hair and makeup and taking selfies when I'm bored, it's a girl thing (reminiscent of my gymnastic/dance past and acting present. One thing I do contest is the stereotype of # .. I don't speak in hashtags, I consider myself to have a rather diverse and usually non colloquial vocabulary, so I tend not to speak in # unless I'm half heartedly making fun of people who speak that way.
24 Feb
Someone's feisty - I like a woman with some fire and aggression ;)
24 Feb
Yeah I'm full of passion and aggression I'll admit, but this was a more complacent rant against the injustice of being stereotyped. I HATE BEING STEREOTYPED oh my gophers! Haha I'm not angry, I tend to save my anger for things worthy of it.. so I'm not raging please don't misunderstand!
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 7:25pm
via Android

Also a mirror makes things waaaay easier lol we an see how we look in the camera and mirror and not worry about having to take a billion pictures to just get one decent one haha

Image_thumb
47 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 6:03pm
via Android

People don't have patience to take the photo the way I want it. Btw my default picture was taken by my three year old niece, just captured a very intresting moment and pose.

Image_thumb
103 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 9:35pm
via Android

I'm bored or maybe i just love it seeing the changes and wanna share them, to see the reactions of the others ^^

Icon_missing_thumb
39 Posts
Mar 7, 2014 5:19pm
via Android

Mmmm..... I hated pics of myself period and someone told me to start taking a "selfie" everytime I felt good about how I looked. Huge confidence boost( which is hard for me to have) but at the same time my nine year can't take a good pic. Lol. So its up to me!

07 Mar
You have a 9 year old? Wow, you look really young yourself
07 Mar
I do thank you! I am young I'm 27.
08 Mar
I would've thought 19 or 20 - you look great
Icon_missing_thumb
39 Posts
Mar 8, 2014 9:28pm
Well thank u!
Image_thumb
87 Posts
Mar 30, 2014 10:10pm
via Android

I have alot of selfies but i have a few different reasons first i think my best photos are the ones i take myself  and i feel awkward and goofy and last time someone took a picture of me it turned out horrible im not super heavy set but the angle they took it at made me look like i had several chins. So its easier to take myself as well as sometimes im bored and just take random goofy pics.

Image_thumb
155 Posts
Mar 31, 2014 1:02am
via Android

i'm not the only one who doesn't like selfies!!!!! yes!!!!!

L-chameleons_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 10:13am

An interesting topic...I had just gone through this with my little sister ealier today.

10 years ago no one would want to take a "selfie" because it felt...wierd...

Look at it now! It's all the rage! :)

1546376_10203336907203847_260620712_n_thumb
7 Posts
Jul 9, 2014 12:17pm
via Android

I don't take a lot of selfies because I do have a friend that takes pictures but when I do,  it's because I am wearing a particularly cute outfit that day and want to preserve it before I go out

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 21, 2014 12:32am
via Android

Well the term selfie has just been recently made popular (I hate it too lol) but idk it just seems easier and being a girl I know we're oicky about how we look in our pictures, its easier to take more than one of yourself than make someone else constantly retake it ;) btw, your profile pic is a selfie lol ((;

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 1:52am
via Android

Men are doing too!!

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 5, 2014 1:26am
via Android

It's pretty fun actually. And it's easier. I don't take them daily but once in a while is fun & just kinda silly

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Aug 5, 2014 2:34pm
via iOS
Op has demonstrated something that pickup artists call a neg. it's a complement burried in an insult so that the lady on the other end feels as if the pick up artist is superior to her. Well done op.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51