Work consumes my life :/

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 28, 2014 2:11pm
via Android

I work six days a week, usually 9am-8pm. Is it better to work out at night, or should I just bite the bullet and roll out of bed earlier? Any input would be useful.

28 Mar
It really just depends on you. For me I prefer to work out in the morning.
28 Mar
Give both a try and see which one feels right to you.
28 Mar
Im a terrible morning person, I could definitely train myself to wake up early...I'm just worried I might use exhaustion as an excuse. Haha
28 Mar
Your mind and body will fight you but you're in charge! I'd you already know you're not a morning person then evening sounds like your best option but your mind/body will scream "you're tired after working all day"it's choosing the less of two evils :)
20 Jul
I'm not sure what type of job you have, but I'm chained to a desk these days, sometimes working 14 hour days...which is a hard switch of a lifestyle as I was an acrobat beforehand. Honestly...I can't get my ass out of bed early enough because I just like to sleep too much. By the end of the night, sometime's i'm too tired to train. I forgo my lunch break and squeeze in my training with short and very intense circuit training via body weight during that hour and just eat lunch at my desk afterwards. I also switch between...
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 7:16pm
via Android

I like working out at night... they say is better when your body is prepared and already warm for the work, rather than the morning.

28 Mar
I was more so worried about working out at night because I didnt want the vigorous exercise making it harder to fall asleep...im not sure if working out affects sleeping habits or what not
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 7:28pm
via Android

Well if you do the proper cool down and few stretches you will sleep like a rock.

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 1:57am
via Android

Whatever works best for you - I do both

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 1:03pm
via iOS
Yes ! That's what I finally had to so in order to get any results . Two weeeks in you'll start enjoying your early am sweat session! You'll need it just to start your au off right ! 
Just make sure whatever you roll out of bed at the crack of dawn for is something you like! 
For me it's spinning at  SoulCycle. Oh and  really good tunes (pump up jams I call them) are essential for your at home work outs or any work outs really. 
Nothing feels as good as strong ! Strong is the new skinny ! You are atronger than you know !  
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 1:39pm
via Android

I used to work 9-8 shifts so used to do yoga in the mornings then an hour in gym straight after work. Lucky I only work til 6 now so manage to fit it in better

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jul 4, 2014 1:39pm
via Android

Also, I do stretches and squats at lunch ☺

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51