I can't lose weight, only gain muscle

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 8:41pm
via Android

Seriously. I do an hour of cardio (usually on cardio machines some times outside) and an hour of weights. And im still large. I've been Doing this for two months 6x a week and have gained 8 lb, very discouraging when I'm trying to be smaller. I get that the number on the scale doesnt matter but, I haven't changed size wise at all, either direction. I feel like I'm wasting my time. I don't eat terribly bad at all, 1 soda a day 2waters for every non water drink I drink, and regular food.... Balanced. What am I doing wrong

28 Mar
What's your daily caloric intake? I wonder if you're eating enough considering how hard you're working.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 8:47pm
via Android

I don't count, never have never will, I eat to hunger and stop when I'm full. Besides the gym I'm not very active being a stay at home mom to a baby. Like I said tho, I jut eat normal, pizza once a week, pasta now and then ice cream when I want a salad with dinner meat and veggies I just don't get it.

28 Mar
Not active... is that 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weight training a day for 6 days? That's intense! I'd you're not seeing the weight loss you want you might consider tracking calories for a couple of weeks just to see how things look
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 9:49pm
via iOS
Okay I see that problem here.
1soda a day. Thats not a lot by itself. 500 ml is about 220kcals, but over a week thats more them 1500kcals.
Then you eat pizza once a week. I assume you eat Half of it? Thats another 1200-1400kcals right there. Then there is the icecream thats another easy 800+ kcals. I also gues you eat dressing on your salad? Even low fat once can without problems turn a healthy salad into a 5-600kcal calorie bomb.

Thats a total of 4000kcals a week. That's more Then one pound weight gain right there.

Things add up!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 9:51pm
via Android

Woah!!!!!! Heart breaker!!!!! Lol. When you put it like that. I guess I do need to start cutting my yummies out..

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 10:04pm
via iOS
You don't have to Cut them out, just Cut it Down to one thing a week :)
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 10:56pm
via Android

Its simple, its your food. You say you will never start counting calories. Well then you will never have insight in what is truly the problem. without some understanding of what you are eating you will never get the results you could.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 11:35pm
via Android

I eat a lot of home made food. I don't understand how to count the caloric value of a ladle of home made spaghetti sauce. I dont measure when I'm cooking, and use almost nothing pre packaged, its hard :(

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 1:14am
via iOS
Google will tell you of the caloric value of things even if you can't find a label for it.. Try to be as honest and as accurate with yourself as you can.. You don't have to count calories for the rest of your life or even for the rest of your weightloss journey but you should do it for at least a week so you can really get an idea of how much you're really consuming. It could be a shock once your realize how much you're over eating.. It was for me when I first started counting calories. When you're cooking or making something with multiple components.. Look up the calories for every Individual thing you add to the recipe.. See where you're going over board in calories and then it's easy to adjust your recipe so it's healthier with healthier components
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 1:46am
via Android

I can't believe I didn't even think of google!!!!!! I google everything else!!!!!!! Wow! Awesome, I will start tomorrow. How many calories should I be eating? I know I need extra because I'm still breastfeeding.. but I'm sure not by much

29 Mar
Around 1500 because you're working out.. When I'm not working out I eat 1200
29 Mar
Try www.slimmingworld.com doesn't calorie count and keeps thing simple. Its from the UK but you can do it online most places. Works for me....13lb from target weight. You can also follow it while breastfeeding and pregnant
Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 4, 2014 6:16pm
via Android

From reading everything it does look like it is what you eat. And I understand you don't want to cut out the yum yums lol have you tried smoothies or healthy cookies or even kale chips? You can still have the "junk" w/o all the bad side effects that they come with if you do just a bit of research.  And another thing that really helps is the app MyFitnessPal I use it and so does my fiance and it is great! It takes into account your goals and weight, etc.... then it basically counts the calories for you as long as you log it

Image_thumb
12 Posts
May 4, 2014 8:49pm
via Android

Actually, my cortisol levels are high, so my body os stressed and holding on to every bit of everything that goes in to it. It stems from my anxiety and depression

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
May 4, 2014 9:31pm
via Android

The reason you dont lose weight is probably because you work out to much ,working to much like lifting weights is not good for losing weight it only provides you with muscle. I think you should back on the hard core workouts and try, some yoga or other exercises that help you tone up.
Good luck honey!

Image_thumb
12 Posts
May 4, 2014 9:47pm
via Android

I do yoga 3x a week. (: love it. I actually got I'm a new anti depressant and have lost 4 lb in
2 weeks which is the pace I expected in the first place. I don't lift very heavy weights, just enough to tone while I thin out so I don't end up with chicken wings from the extra skin.

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
May 4, 2014 9:53pm
via Android

Thats great! just keep stretching and you will tone up that it will look like and feel like youve lost lots of weight!
Im a nee comer on this app and today is my first day on it and ive already done 3 workouts and im already sweating like a pig but i have a question...
My sister shes 13 and weighs about 150 is that normal or not ,shes also 5'5

And im only like 4'8

Image_thumb
10 Posts
May 5, 2014 4:43pm
via Android

I feel like u should at least count calories for a little while to be able to tell what exactly you are consuming. Weight loss is very simply calories in, calories out. You must create a deficit while fueling your body with the correct foods:)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51