Oral health

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Mar 28, 2014 9:45pm
via Android

I've been in dental hygiene school for a little more than a year and have been seeing patients for a while doing my clinics, and I have come to the conclusion people don't value oral health like they would visiting a physician and having a check up or maintaining their physical health, how do you feel personally about oral health? Do you only go in when something hurts? Did your parents value good oral hygiene?

11 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 6:46pm
via Android

I'm a dental assistant , and you're right ..I  see many patients that only come in when something hurts. I  think the two main  contributers to that are,  cost and fear . Usually the patient has had a traumatic dental experience in the past that prevented them from coming .  But in the  case of clinics its usually  a cost issue or  just general lack of care.  I think if proper dental habits are introduced early in life it  becomes less scary and fun or a  at least less threatening to come to the dentist :)

30 Mar
Some people are too lazy to schedule an appointment and there are many others who truly believe their dental health is top notch and do not require any dentist poking in their mouth (most of the time these people have some serious dental issues lol)
15 Apr
I agree shawna
16 Apr
Those all seen like valid points, I think I'll stick with lazy and fear, because I only charge 25 dollars for a full dental exam, x rays, cleaning, polishing, and even fluoride treatment. So I think I'll settle with the fact that people are fearful, lazy, or purely informed?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51