Why we work out

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 12:28pm
via Android

Hey thought i'd start a thread to share reasons why we are working out, im beginning to appreciate that its not just aesthetic i.e. for appearance!

24 Apr
For me it's not only for appereance but health as well. I stopped smoking and heavy drinking, and used exercise as a another stress reliever. Which in the end has made me feel much more ' alive ' upbeat and happy. Especially since I am a stay at home mom of 3 with a small business on the side. Plus exercising is becoming very fun for me as well.
24 Oct
Exactly the same as you adrienne. 3 kids, stopped smoking/drinking. Want a better tighter body and also think of it all as a project, too improve health and strength too!
31 Jan
To feel confident in my skin and have more energy. But most importantly, because I come from a family where everyone is obese I thought my healthy habits could inspire them to want to lose weight and be healthy as well (:
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 12:54pm
via Android

I workout to try and stay healthy and have more confidence in myself...plus I realy enjoy it .

Image_thumb
115 Posts
Apr 18, 2014 6:34pm
via Android

Health. Health is priceless. Workout can prevent diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and consequently, save money to go to the doctor

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 6:50am
via Android

For me I was always skinny but healthy.... Then I got sick was in bed 6 years and gained 50 lbs (which is saying a lot since I could rarely eat due to overwhelming nausea)... It took 1 year for me to be able to sit up on the sofa watching tv all day with out taking a nap.... Every time I saw a mirror I wanted to cry because I literally looked like the beast that ate me... I finally decided I needed to make a change and I wanted to feel sexy again weight doesn't matter now neither does the size of my jeans (I went from a 00 in juniors to a 10 in womens it was shocking to say the least. Its been 6 months and I'm not quite at my goal of feeling sexy but I'm close I wear woman's size 6 I'm 120lbs 5'2".

My reasons may be for my looks but my looks are important to me.
Growing up I liked the positive talk about me even if it was over physical attributes only.
Losing control of those is hard enough as I get older but my figure is something I can control and I will control it till my last day

24 Apr
You could be inspiration to many...why don't you write about your struggle...it will really motivate lazy people like me :-)
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 12:02pm
via Android

Thats really inspirational-feeling happy in your skin is so important!

Image_thumb
8 Posts
May 4, 2014 6:11pm
via Android

I've been skinny since forever so it has never been about that for me. I just like the fact that I can be healthy on the inside as well as the outside. The fact that it makes me look good is just a bonus. Plus I have a ton of younger kids in my family who look up to me and I'd like to show them that you can workout and have a life and have fun with it. It's really funny to watch the younger kids immitate me. And on top of that I'll be such a hot grandma in the future! Lol

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 7:27pm
via Android

You'll be a total babe of a grandma! Yeah we are all role models to someone, i like your views :-)

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Sep 5, 2014 3:40am
via Android

For me It relieves stress and it makes me feel better.

Image_thumb
288 Posts
Sep 5, 2014 5:13am
via Android

To change life style

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Sep 5, 2014 10:10pm
via Android

I workout cause I love the feeling of looking in the mirror and seeing I'm doing great with my body . And the feeling of pushing yourself is the best .

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:20am
via Android

I workout because I have a chronic depression issue..  I use exercise to increase my seratonin levels so I don't fall into a dark place

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:54am
via Android

I work out because I use to be an alcoholic that smoked alot and noticed a real bad side of me that needed to change. I now exercise, explore the outdoors, and eat right.

24 Oct
Congrats on quitting smoking... Got any types I've been trying to quit for thirteen days now and I'm struggling...
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 4:06pm
via Android

For healthy life

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:10pm
via Android

One of my biggest reasons is to be a great role model to my son.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 8:20pm
via Android

I do it simply because I have a lot of time on my hand that I was spending running TV marathons so now I've dedicated the same time to be able to run an actual one :p plus I want them abs :p

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Jan 29, 2015 3:03am
via Android

I don t wanna lose my six pack! Haha jk

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 29, 2015 3:15am
via Android

Grew up fat & wanted to be in better health. Plus becoming stronger too!

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 12:37pm
via Android

Iv always had some jiggle on my stomach and back. I'm working out so I don't jiggle anymore!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51