Introvert health nut.

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 28, 2014 12:57pm
via iOS
So I love being healthy and athletic but I'm such an introvert that I have no life outside the gym and leading an active lifestyle. Even going to the restaurant with friends is a chore because I rather stay home and make my own food and all I ever wanna do is work out. None of my friends are into being very active so I kind of have no life. Anyone else have this issue? Weights are my friends, lol.
28 Jul
as an introvert i know how you feel, i just wanna stay home, go work out, come back home and stay there, i want to meet active people also and have a life lol, i was thinking of joining a team but i procrastinate on my search, my fitness friends are on this app lol
07 Aug
I'm the same way I like to workout, stay home, eat healthy. I'm trying to find people that like to be very active. They very hard to find!
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 28, 2014 2:52pm
via iOS
Maybe try joining a sports team. If you play basketball you will make more active friends. If your area has a community center then go there and see what sorts of adult teams they have.
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jul 29, 2014 6:10am

Hmmm. Friends who don't share your interests. It may be you have changed and you will eventually make some new friends and lose touch with some of the old ones. That happens.  Sound like an idea make new friends with folks who share your interests. Good suggestion to join a team or some kind of club that work out together. It's fine being an introvert, and yes even introverts have friends. I worry a little though that you would rather work out than do anything else. If you get anxious over missing a workout, That's not a good sign and you may want to think about getting help from a pro and not us skimblers! Best of luck u r doing great stuff!

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jul 29, 2014 6:32am
via Android

I feel you on that one. My friends are the same thing. This might sound weird but I always try to bring a packed lunch if I go chill with my boys. Cuz I know we're gona eat some where "not healthy" ohh and I hit the gym before I go hangout

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 29, 2014 4:52pm
via Android

I totally understand how u feel.
Atleast u have a healthy weight.i am way too overweight.
I felt the same.then i found a hobby.to rap.eminem all the way.now i just work out and rap.also won a few recognition recently for singing love the way u lie.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Aug 7, 2014 4:58pm
via Android

I agree massively. Thing is, looking at your progress over the last 4 years, all your friends should be delighted you have that sort of relationship with the gym! It's made you into the person you are today,  when I feel as if my 'friends' stand in the way of what I want to achieve and don't support me, then I have to label them as random people, not friends.

Aug 7, 2014 5:23pm
via Android
Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 7, 2014 5:45pm
via Android

Hang in there Nath!  You just went through an amazing transformation.  Sometimes when you transform your body to this extreme, you also have to transform the other parts of your life in order to maintain your gains, your accomplishments and all the hard work you put in to reach your goal. 
If you aren't getting the recognition and/or support from your current circle of friends, it's time to move on and make new ones as they will only hold you back.   The fact is, while your friends may be proud of you, they may not know how to express it or they may feel threatened now that you've actually done something this amazing to transform your life.
Keep up your workouts, but find a new hobby outside of the gym.  Preferably one that involves more social interaction.  I believe part of the introverted issue here  pertains to the fact that your self confidence hasn't yet caught up with your current physical transformation, but it will, I can assure you.  Your new life has just begun and you need to fully embrace it.  Enjoy and take advantage of the new you!  One of the easiest ways to meet new people is volunteering.  There are so many ways to do this and it's a great way to meet people at the same time.  Either by helping others with your newfound passion for working out, or helping out at a local animal shelter (if you like animals) or the food bank by volunteering your time.
Another great way to meet people is to get a new bicycle and start riding around your neighborhood, downtown, or your local park etc.  I've met so many people over the years simply by riding my bike around local hotspots....stopping to say hi and starting up a conversation with other cyclists.  Good luck and congrats again on your transformation. It's both impressive and inspirational!  :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51