PCOS and weight loss

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 9, 2014 8:20pm
via Android

Hello everyone,
I was diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago and I'm having a very difficult time dealing with it. I've always struggled with my weight however it has gotten much worse over the past couple of years. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge as to what would be the best way to be able to lose weight with PCOS.
Thank you!

10 Nov
You might like this website that has been rather informative for me (as a fellow pcos sufferer) http://www.pcosdiva.com
10 Nov
Also remember that for every lb you lose it is the equivalent of a non pcos losing approx 5-6 lbs. So don't give up, the fact that you are trying means everything :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 1:19pm
via Android

Sorry to hear about it :( I'm no expert but have studied it in university. The weight  management for PCOS has no shortcut unfortunately, just regular exercise and a balanced diet. Will help prevent other long term effects too. The most important thing is not to fall for fad diets and quick fixes that can throw the hormones further out of whack. Hope that helps

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 10, 2014 4:10pm
via Android

Thank you very much for the kind and motivating words, I appreciate it! Good luck to you as well :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51