Say something

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 20, 2015 2:39pm
via Android

Why girls need to have ideal figure?

20 Jan
What is an ideal figure? As far as I can tell it's just someones personal preference or perception because there certainly isn't just one. Girls don't need to have an ideal figure the same goes for any man, however I'm sure you've got a pretty nice cutting figure of a man in your head when you think of a dream guy no? I can honestly say that there are some slim fit bodied women here that make some men drool, nice yes but they don't attract my attention 1: because im married and 2: my ideal figure is more a...
20 Jan
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Jan 20, 2015 2:52pm
via Android

I think that ideal figures have been present in all cultures, throughout history, but what the ideal is has varied and also varies from culture to culture. Often the ideal is something that is out of reach for most people and perhaps that's what makes it an ideal. For instance, in the Western world the ideal used to be having pale skin, because tanned skin showed that you had to work and couldn't afford being inside all day. In the mid-1900s this changed. Now tanned skin showed that you could afford going on vacation. In the 1800s the ideal body was fat, because poor people were skinny. Today it's slim and toned, showing you can afford spending time at the gym and that you're well educated when it comes to health and nutrition. So there's really a big class perspective when it comes to ideals, too! There are of course ideals concerning men's bodies too, but women are a lot more exposed in media and advertising and are also often judged by their looks rather than their achievements or personalities. With that said, no, you don't need to have an ideal body. This is just an idea that's planted inside us. Most people don't care if you're slim or thick and if they do, they're idiots and not worth spending your time with.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 20, 2015 2:55pm
via Android

Yeah it's true but my friends irritating me with my size just bcs they thinner than me.

20 Jan
Well my step-dad used to try to console me with saying that they're just jealous when I was an insecure teen. :) Now I don't know how old you are, but if you're young and especially in your teens, the only thing I can say is just that kids can be cruel and stupid.
Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 20, 2015 3:09pm
via iOS
I use to be very self conscious about my size when I was younger and about how I wanted to look like the models on tv but that's unrealistic and most are unhealthy sizes now that I'm older (26) and have two kids it's more about being healthy and fit for myself and so I can run around with my kids and not have health problems like all my family! It takes a while to realize when you younger but as long as your happy with your body that's what matter!
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 2:05am
via Android

I love my figure.  I'm thick with nice curves. For me it's more about health.  I was born with this figure but I want to be healthier

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Feb 8, 2015 2:10am
via Android

I am giving up on you
Sorry had to complete the lyrics :p

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51