Working through the pains

2 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 4:25pm
via Android

Now I'm used to working through growing pains, sore inflamed muscles and tendonitis, but this one I'm worried about. I got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday, they're still swollen and tender.. but I feel like I should be working out still. I've never had stitches so this is a whole new experience for me. How many others have worked out while healing from a tooth extraction, and how did it go?

11 Feb
Well i can tell you I had both my top teeth out in morning and was at work in the afternoon....and so on! Have the day or two off if your feeling rough from local anesthesic
13 Feb
Man it's hard to get into the right headspace when my pills wear off.. Still as swollen as ever, overnight the t3s wore off and now I'm just lounging around in my work out clothes like a turd on a pedestal. Waiting for them to kick in, ice pack on my face.. grrumble grumble grumble. Never thought it would hurt this much!
41 Posts
Feb 11, 2015 8:06pm
via Android

I agree. Don't force yourself to work out if the pain is going to distract you or be too much to bare. You don't want to risk injuring yourself because you aren't able to focus. Also, your gums need to heal so be mindful not to put any unnecessary stress on your body. When my wisdom tooth was extracted, I wasn't taking good care of my body at that time so exercising was faaaaaaarrr from my mind but the pain sometimes made me disoriented. Whatever you decide, I hope your recovery is successful

11 Feb
Thanks ameerah :)
11 Feb
You're welcome!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51