Losing Latin love handles

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 6:14am
via Android

So upon turning 20, the infamous Latin love handles have popped up on my body. As well as a small pooch on my lower tummy. I'm about to turn 21 in two weeks and I still have the blasted love handles and pooch no matter how much core I do, they won't go down! I was a gymnast for ten years, I am a coach now so I lift and run everyday and none of that has worked yet, nor has any of my past gymnastics training, so I need some help!

24 Mar
You sweetie
24 Mar
Check your diet. I've been doing a ton of dead lifts and my lovehandles are getting smaller I even have dimples on my lower back I never knew! But idk if its because of my clean eating or the workouts
24 Mar
I want lose weight
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 12:50pm
via Android

I've heard the best way to loose those last few pounds in little places is to work large muscle groups. They burn more fat and will look for stored energy to use as fuel. As far as working the mid section that is for strengthening and toning not weight loss. Lastly your diet is crucial not just what you eat, but how late your last meal or snack is consumed. Hope this helps, good luck.

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 2:52pm

Going along with what Kevin has said already, let me add that it's important to be conscious of what kinds of foods you are eating. I'm talking about your macronutrient ratios. All foods can be divided into proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. If fat loss is your goal, you need to (along with exercise) reduce the carbs you're eating and replace them with protein and fat.

Don't be discouraged by your challenges, be motivated by them! Since you cannot spot reduce fat you want to reduce your overall body fat percentage (BF%). There are several factors that contribute and increasing your lean body mass (LBM) or muscle tissue is one of them, along with your diet, and your daily activity level. Everyone is different so don't be afraid to try different things to see how they work for you. Just be patient and give it at least two weeks before you decide if it's working or not.

Good luck!

24 Mar
Wow some tips and motivation! Thank you! (:
24 Mar
You're welcome!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 24, 2015 9:27pm
via Android

Thank y'all so much for the advice! I admit, it might be my eating habits because I am a big fan of midnight snacks... oops! And I guess I could work on eating healthier! I'll definitely use all the tips here!☺

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51