Feeling guilty cause I haven't worked out

5 posts | Original | Recent

10354725_789622267779975_2181976977487379739_n_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 4:06am
via Android

So I'm sick. I can't breathe through my nose and my face hurts and I'm getting dizzy standing up because my ears are clogged , but I feel super guilty that I haven't worked out in a couple days due to this. Any body else feel guilty when they can't work out due to illness?

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 5:43am
via Android

You shouldn't feel guilty, exercising during illness can be very bad for your body

26 Mar
If you are sick it can cause more damage prelonging your illness & you could cause further injuries to yourself.i try and work out every second day but if im sick i dont worry.
Image_thumb
269 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 11:34am
via iOS
Last time I was sick it was a migraine, I get them often enough that it's a pain but not life stopping anymore. 
Try Steph's body Stretch off my liked list. It's short and not a lot of quick movements. Nice and easy ;) then you have something slow, not super strenuous and no more guilty feeling! 
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 2:55am
via Android

I just got over being sick (a lung and sinus thing) and when I did cardio tonight I noticed I was getting much less air than usual so I had to slow down. Just rest up so you can get better as soon as possible and then take it easy. Also I agree with the stretching thing, and maybe do some walking when you're starting to feel better.

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Mar 27, 2015 6:29am
via Android

Everybody lapses sometime. Don't be so hard on yourself. Start easy is my mantra for breaking the inertia. Like really easy. Something like: Good Morning Sunshine
Office Neck Stretches
That's what I do. Once you have started its hard to stop . And once you stop its hard to start again.  So I would say just do something even very easy everyday just to keep the momentum and build a habit firstly.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51