To start is a struggle...HELP

7 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Aug 15, 2015 7:59pm
via Android

Hello I have gained a lot of weight over the past few three years to the point where I don't feel good about myself...can anyone suggest or give me advice on how to start and how to stay focus as well as nutrition advice...I would appreciate it...

15 Aug
Hi Charlene, You have already made a good start by posting and having a desire for change. :) I am no guru and only really dabbled in this community recently, but I think that you will find some great inspiration and support here for your journey to health. I just want to say good luck! You got this!
16 Aug
Hey Crystal R.Thank you for your words of encouragement.Much appreciated
17 Aug
You seem very pretty :-) and i am skinny and havd a big butt and thighs and people make fun of me so here are your tips 1)your beautiful dont let others tell u different 2) work out for 1 hour each day or 2 hours every other day 3)have balanced meals and dont binge eat or if u need a snack have water and mint leaves in it (my fave) and have fruits and veggies i really wish u good luck
17 Aug
Thank you alexis
2 Posts
Aug 16, 2015 5:37am
via Android

Hey Crystal R.Thank you for your words of encouragement.Much appreciated.

87 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 6:25am
via Android

they always say starting is the hardest part.

and they are right! honestly, you just have to wake up one morning, say to yourself im gonna do this, put on some workout clothes, tie up your laces, grab some water and just go.

the first day is hard, but keep working at it. you will get better, and in a month, you'll find that you can do five more push ups, or hold that plank longer, or lift heavier. you'll notice changes and that will fuel you!

draw strength from yourself.

17 Aug
Thank you
13 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 2:54pm
via iOS
The first step you already did it and the decision been done ,so start running or walking in the morning before you eat any thing for about 30 min then take your healthy breakfast. On the evening or night Try to do a strong workouts 45-1h.after that do running or cycling or any aerobicss you brefer for about 30 min. What you eat is so important take 5-6 small meals . For breakfast you have to have calcium,carbs,protein and unsaturated fats...for launch protein and small carbs and dinner only protein. For snacks have yogurt ,1 fruit , vig but not potatoes or green tea with10 row nuts.

I hop this helps for the start.

Bee fit, good luck.
17 Aug
Thank you so much...
7 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 5:01pm
via Android

I was given advice here when I asked about something less specific than your question.
It was to create some sort of routine and try to stick to it as much as possible, preferably when you have a bunch of free time.
Basically structuring your time wisely.

17 Aug
Like Igor says get into a routine. If for some reason one day you don't stick to it don't beat yourself up, just restart the next day. It's not supposed to be a chore.
950 Posts
Oct 26, 2015 2:27am
via Android

Try finding short & easy workouts. I read an article about strategy to change your life & it really matched with what I've found for myself... One suggestion was starting small.  Like, just find a two minute workout or stretch routine & do it every morning before breakfast. If you feel like doing more, then great... You will eventually.

Even smaller things, like 10 squats after dinner or some point same every day ... So quick, not intimidating, but something you can really start to get a feel for, and slowly work up to more and start to feel proud.

You can search workouts by time, i think. Here's one from my liked list, i forget what is like but that doesn't matter, just trying to do a little something every day is where to start.

World's Fastest Workout

As for food, eat more vegetables. I like chopped carrots & cucumbers &  peppers & whatnot. I cut em up & take em to work for lunch. I eat em plain, but if you need to, put a whole load of dip on em. The key is to start a different habit & start getting the taste... You can slowly work to less dip eventually .. I used to put seasoned salt on my cukes but i dont anymore, it's all good.
Try having a healthier option as a side with some meals. Yogurt, fruit, small serving of nuts, veggies.

Try eating a meal once a week that is completely healthy, completely clean, (no processed foods) and all protein and veggies (minimal carbs)... See how you feel after that. You can eat unlimited fresh veggies until you're full. A whole dang bucket of fresh veggies has like 15 calories. I'm exaggerating but you get the point. Fill up on healthy food at least once a week and you may start craving that feeling, noticing how much different you feel after eating empty carbs vs. nutrition packed real food.

Big shifts in attitude, Small changes in actual living, that's where it's at.  Most ppl try to start living their idea of perfection and get frustrated when they very predictably fail. You can't really fail with a goal of "slightly more often healthy options" unless you literally do nothing different. From there it's all progress.

Good luck 

59 Posts
Dec 23, 2015 11:23pm
via Android

I'm looking to start a workout challenge group. If anyone's interested shoot me a message.

- Coach T

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51