Working out while having young children

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 1:29am
via Android

Anyone else have difficulty working out and sticking to a workout routine because of the children? I'm trying to stay focused and determined but the kids slow me down. Any tips?

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 2:05am
via Android

(When my boys were little I was too tired from chasing them to do extra exercise. I was a lot thinner When I spent my day chasing kids. Hmmm... maybe I need to hang around little kids. ) Is there away you can alter your program to include them? If you work all day, they probably are happy to get to be with you when you are home.

22 Dec
Yes they are ecstatic when I come home. They just will not allow me to successfully workout when they're around. Now my girls are in Mixed Martial Arts so working out with them is easy but my boys are 1,2 & 4 so they are much busier. I will take your advice and try to include them in a workout. Hmm maybe I can use it as a way to tire them out! Thanks
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 3:05am
via Android

Yeah it can be tough to be consistent with working out when you have kids. I try to get in home workouts after they go to bed, around 8:30/9pm. Even if it is just 20 to 30 minutes.

Image_thumb
269 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 4:17am
via iOS
I have a 4yo and try and include her when her older brother isn't here to distract. Planks are great with help, she crawls under the 'bridge' or over it lol. She sits on my feet for crunches and does hand slaps or puts her hands up for air punches. There are tons of ways to add littles! I have a whole list!! Lol
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 7:34am
via Android

You could try asking for their help in making like "workout videos" and set up a camera and talk to the "audience" like youre a workout guru. That way there is a fun project with a finished product they can watch and learn about a lot more than just doing the workout itself...not sure if they'll get into that but just an idea.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 22, 2015 11:35pm
via Android

Update: I have began to allow my 30lb sons to lay on me while I do push-ups and planks. Of course they have to be even sets so both boys get the same amount of turns. In addition I put my 1yr old son on my shoulder while doing squats and he is about 20lbs. Thanks for everyone's help! I'm still open for more tips and suggestions

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51