What Made You Change?

62 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 7:58pm
via Android

I went through a really bad break up. A 5 year relationship. I was devastated. I started working out and eating clean as a way to focus on myself instead of on him & the breakup. I will admit in the beginning my motive was somewhat to look better and make him realize what he lost. But that quickly changed. I became addicted to the way working out made me feel. Not only did my strength & endurance grow.....so did my self confidence. Through my journey I realized I no longer wanted him. And I was working out for ME! Now its a lifestyle. And the funny thing is, a week ago he emailed me saying he had seen an instagram photo of mine & I was looking good. Wanted to meet up. I had no desire. Didn't even respond. I'm so proud of where I am today. And exercise did that for me. :) good luck on your journey!!!

25 Oct
Good job
25 Oct
You go girl!!! Good for you! "Work bitch" :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 19, 2013 8:28pm
via Android

I have always wanted to get fit and diet to look good, but that never motivated me enough to walk the line. What turned me around was health. I started getting all kinds of chronic and irreversible health problems from overworking, overstressing, and so overeating and under moving. I want to breathe, stop aging so quickly, feel better, ward off diabetes and heart disease and cancer. Read Eat to Live, or The Inflammation Syndrome,  or The First 20 Minutes, or watch Forks Over Knives or another movie like it. Eating well and exercise is the key to a long, happy, healthy life. That motivated me more finally than embarrassing photos.  Those just make me beat myself up and eat more cake! Hang in there. And if you fall off,  just get back in the saddle.  I also recommend cookbooks from the Low Histamine Chef. They are easy, yummy, fast and incredibly healthy. That helps.

Image_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 9:31pm
via iOS
My best friends were fit and buffed while I was fat and short I was the fatest and shortest kid in my class maybe in the whole school and my little brother was almost my hieght so I started working out and especially my legs because legs produce the most growth hormones and now I'm fit and I'm the most athletic student in the school the first in any race the school organizes and in the 5k marathon last year I went in 42nd place and I was training for it for just 2 weeks and this year I'm determined to be the first
1115713_7928833_2022942513_n_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 20, 2013 12:00am

You should check out The Happy Herbivore.  She has a blog, book, and recipe book.  Great stuff.  Admittedly, I'm more about putting simple things together now, instead of making elaborate meals, but I use her cookbook once in a while to make something more complex than eating a plate full of various plant foods.

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Aug 22, 2013 10:47pm
via Android

Twins... Child bearing is no joke 😭

22 Aug
Hhshsygddubchdj
25 Oct
Total no joke & twins! Congrats
Image_thumb
391 Posts
Aug 25, 2013 8:07am
via Android

Life

Me_xmas_11_thumb
23 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 9:37pm

I was looking @ vacation pictures of me & the kids @ the ocean.  I saw this guy & thought "someone should push that whale back in", then I realized I was that whale.  I then realized it was time to stop makeing excuses & start implementing a change in my lifestyle. 

25 Oct
Omg. I can so relate to that.
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 9:50pm
via Android

Don't have any spectacular reason except wanting to keep fit and healthy always.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 29, 2013 10:00pm
via Android

Just woke up one morning and said to myself "it's time"..... It was way past time but I can't change that so I look forward now and have lost 34 kg and feel amazing.

186178_622619745_395455191_n_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2013 11:44pm
via Android

My doctor told me I was overweight. Not by a lot though. I didn't ever want to hear that I was overweight, so I decided I need to make some changes right away. I lost 20lbs so far.

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 12:39am
via Android

Welcome, being healthy has become a priority in my life, 54 years of age. While in the military I had to be healthy to perform my day to day job. After Retiring, I did the normal thing of watching TV and chilling, with out thinking about health but, felt the days of watching my weight and working out days was over. I was wrong and my doctor confirmed it, when he told me I need to watch my weight if I don't want diabetes. Of cause  I said NO, but It stayed on my mind for days. Hell yeah it made me change and I'm loving it. I wish I had people around me who felt the same way. how ever it's for me not any one else.

25 Oct
Ty for your service. Stay with it
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 12:53am
via Android

Had the big cancer scare earlier this year and realized I was abusing my body and steadily killing myself slowly, so I decided on that very day that I had to start living healthy, eating right, and living one day at a time. I had bouts of depression when I was younger and at 5'10 my weight always fluctuated and peaked to 215 lbs. I started training about five months ago with muay thai, boxing, mixed martial arts and weight training. I've cut down on the red meat, stopped eating greasy fast food, quit smoking, and consumed less alcohol. Lost at least 45 lbs and feeling stronger and better every day.

Stay motivated!

30 Aug
Wow..that's a drastic change. You must be proud of yourself. congrats!!
30 Aug
Thanks, I am! I never thought I could change my bad habits, especially with the smoking, that was the hardest part. But I realized I can do better! :)
25 Oct
Great job
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 30, 2013 1:06am
via Android

I decided to change due to self esteem issues and health. I look at myself and get disgusted. That's no way to feel about yourself. So instead of crying about it I'm going to do something about it. Im 28yrs old 5ft 2in and 215 lbs. That's way too much weight for my frame

Icon_missing_thumb
40 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 4:06am
via Android

I have been getting bullied about my weight so this summer i decided to get in shape fast and prove them wrong. But im just doing it this summer i am going to keep goimg until i reach my goal.

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 11:34pm
via iOS
I have had the worst year of my life. The roof on our house had water damage last year with those crazy storms. We didn't have the money for emergency roof work, so we borrowed from the bank. Then, the people who were working on the roof caused a general flooding of the entire house. All the paint came off ceilings, walls, the beautiful hardwood floor was ruined, the kitchen was a 100% damage. Long story short, insurance covers only part of all the damage, and it turns out the newly redone roof has to be redone again as the contractor did an awful job. We are paying our second new roof in a year with instalments.

We can't live in our house while this is going on; we have been living in a tiny shack for almost a year now, and I am going nuts here. I haven't had work for most of the year, so no money to fix the house. Me and my partner get on each other's nerves – he works long hours managing a restaurant, and I sit at home alone not doing anything. We have two very different lives and lots of problems like the roof.

I have been feeling kind of depressed and started thinking that if I don't want to lose it, I have to clean up all the messes in my life. What better place to start than my body, right? I quit smoking a few months ago, but that made me even more depressed. I will not get into it, but when you quit smoking, it's like you quit taking your happy pills. So, I needed to hang onto something else to feel good, develop new habits to replace the old nasty one. I found pleasure and satisfaction in food, and it didn't take long before I started asking myself about my food choices and what my body needs. It turned out I wasn't eating the right stuff even though my nutrition is better than the average North American's. I discovered I had too much body fat, and this is how I ended up looking for a way to get fit.

Long story short, I am turning everything around – and it all started with a leaky roof!

Who would have thought, right? ☺
25 Oct
Positive attitude! :-)
370644_641311719_964134650_n_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 5:12pm
via Android

The honest truth is I have body image issues. I don't believe I can get the kind of girl I'm attracted to unless somehow I get ahold of my weight and shred to a 6pack. It may seem shallow but for me it's deep.

25 Oct
Not shallow at all. Realistic.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 5:58pm
via iOS
Well I've always been chubby and my bestfriends family are calling her fat so she is losing weight, we weigh the same and I said I would do it with her because I always feel really self conscious and have NEVER EVER worn a bikini, and my clothes are always big. I just want a flat stomach and to be fitter so all the annoying thin girls in my year can't judge me anymore.
25 Oct
Same here.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 10:54am
via iOS
My motivation was change and also to help my teen age daughter get her to a healthy weight. It really hurt me to watch her suffer with low self esteem and a lack of hope. I have been blessed with so much energy which doesnt seem to have passed genetically.. Or maybe my genetics excuse is only a very affective cop out.. An easy way to pass the buck. Atleast, this was my motivating factor and it was a good leverage point. We joined a local Zumba class about a year ago and I am amazed by the results.. We spend time together, dance our booties off(literally), have fun and CHANGE!  
NOW IF ONLY I COULD CONVINCE MY DAUGHTER TO STOP CALLING HERSELF LAZY.. that word can be so damning. 
Also, 
I have always been a high energy type of person but focusing and pushing mysrlf past my limit are my weak point.s. I am motivated... And terribly unfocused. 
Any tips or helpful mind Tricks? 
Any input will be greatly appreciated. :)
16 Jan
Stick a photo on the fridge of the body you want to achieve but it has to be realistic. You can't aim for Jessica Alba when you're like Beyoncé. Finding healthier alternatives to the naughty part of your diet can help with the cycle of binge-guilt-binge.
Image_thumb
121 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 11:40am
via Android

I have always stayed active through my life, I enjoy physical activities, to varying levels of fitness & weightAs a firefighter I train now because my life & others lives depend on thatI want to go home at the end of the day as good or better than the way I arrived to work

Me16_thumb
63 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 3:57pm
via Android

My kids are my biggest inspiration right now. They are only 15 months and 5 weeks but they are what keeps me going.

Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 4:00pm
via Android

Just got inspired by jon jones lol

Image_thumb
84 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 8:47pm
via Android

I do it because I want my BF to lust over me like he use to. I also miss the nice complements I use to get all the time from men. Lol I also can relate to your Facebook scenario. So don't feel bad. You're definitely not alone.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 9:19am
via Android

I wanted to start exercising a long time ago. I was sick of my body, I didn't like how I look, I'm wasn't strong enough.. I always found excuses to not exercise and eat healthy. One day I found a youtuber called Shay Carl. (Check out his channel Shayloss and he also does daily vlogs on Shaytards) He inspired me to change. Watchin his marathon video makes me cry, because I see how dreams can actually come true if you try hard. He uploads insparational and health related videos every day so I'm reminded to excersise every day ^^

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 9:51am
via iOS
Good luck!  Have to say Skimble helped me a lot since I joined up a few months ago.   For me it was the fear I may never be able to play football and express myself the way I do with a ball ever again, that fear was at its peak when I was being rolled into the operating theatre for a knee operation in 2011... when I woke up I didn't know if I could even walk but I promised myself I would make a comeback... it's been a series of comebacks in reality, failures, disappointments, lots and lots of learning and growth in the process... many things add fuel to your fire when you're going through this transformation and fighting for your dream, whatever it is.   Just keep going.  

Image_thumb
62 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 10:29am
via Android

Hmm... I was always like this.. Concerned abt my health n all... I started working on wen I was 13 in hostel n now its part of my daily routine...:)

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Sports Tracker Forums

Runners

9 topics, 37 posts

Welcome Wagon

3 topics, 23 posts

Motivation & Support

10 topics, 75 posts

Help

24 topics, 89 posts

Feedback