What Made You Change?

62 posts | Original | Recent

Feb 1, 2018 10:07pm
via Android

Me.. I just wanted to be pleased with who was looking back at me in the mirror. I've always been skinny, not necessarily fit tho. I just motivate myself everyday

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 27, 2016 5:04pm
via Android

No

Image_thumb
200 Posts
Mar 12, 2014 5:10am
via Android

Congrats on realising you could change it and made the decision to do it!

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Mar 12, 2014 5:03am
via iOS
I'm not really fat but I had a heart pain once then I'm like its time to pull up my socks.  I was just 13
Right now 15
Without this app
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Mar 12, 2014 3:44am
via Android

I was always a big guy and I usually carried it well since I am 6' 5". Recently however, I've begun to experience heart problems and it's kicked me in the butt to get in shape. I have a 10 month old son and I plan on seeing him have his own children. That is motivation enough.

Image_thumb
69 Posts
Mar 5, 2014 5:04pm
via Android

Working with older folks I saw how life ends up when you don't do anything to change. 3 - 6 hundred dollars a month just on pills yikes not for me change is cheaper.

Image_thumb
1646 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 8:53pm
via iOS
I had a full body check-up Nov 2013 and was told I had a body fat percentage of 28% and a metabolic age of 61 !! I haven't looked back since and train nearly every day - This app helped turn me around
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 8:48pm
via Android

I have always been a beautiful person on the inside but never thought I was beautiful on the outside. In my opinion, the two should match. So I wanted to lose weight... then I lost a sister to a heart attack and know I have to get healthy, I don't want that to be me. I know how it feels to have everyone else tell you that you look fine but when you look in the mirror you disagree. Every one deserves to feel beautiful in their own eyes and now no one can tell me other wise. I truly wish you the very best of luck finding what you're looking for.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 16, 2014 8:13pm
via Android

I just need an extra push I'm fit and in shape. I just want to be more toned. And have more upper body strength. I have a lifetime fitness member ship I come every day amd do the same thing. I need a more disciplined workout plan. 

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 8:04pm
via Android

Two kids messed me up my belly isn't the same n tryna stay n shape to make sure me n my kids r active n b healthy

Image_thumb
235 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 7:41pm
via Android

i was.a real bad asthmatic & outer shape an with my lack of discipline of eating right . i died twice frpm,asthma. soon as i got out the hospital i hit the gym hard,ate right etc i went from 225lbs to 165lbs in 4th months i never gave up or quite an i dont belive into makin excuses, i did it all with nothing to lose & everything to gain.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 11:30am
via iOS
I got tired of talking about how I used to be 10 yrs ago. "Used to be fit, used to be strong, used to have a six-pack..." The only time that matters is now!
Image_thumb
62 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 10:29am
via Android

Hmm... I was always like this.. Concerned abt my health n all... I started working on wen I was 13 in hostel n now its part of my daily routine...:)

Image_thumb
39 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 9:51am
via iOS
Good luck!  Have to say Skimble helped me a lot since I joined up a few months ago.   For me it was the fear I may never be able to play football and express myself the way I do with a ball ever again, that fear was at its peak when I was being rolled into the operating theatre for a knee operation in 2011... when I woke up I didn't know if I could even walk but I promised myself I would make a comeback... it's been a series of comebacks in reality, failures, disappointments, lots and lots of learning and growth in the process... many things add fuel to your fire when you're going through this transformation and fighting for your dream, whatever it is.   Just keep going.  

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 9:19am
via Android

I wanted to start exercising a long time ago. I was sick of my body, I didn't like how I look, I'm wasn't strong enough.. I always found excuses to not exercise and eat healthy. One day I found a youtuber called Shay Carl. (Check out his channel Shayloss and he also does daily vlogs on Shaytards) He inspired me to change. Watchin his marathon video makes me cry, because I see how dreams can actually come true if you try hard. He uploads insparational and health related videos every day so I'm reminded to excersise every day ^^

Image_thumb
84 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 8:47pm
via Android

I do it because I want my BF to lust over me like he use to. I also miss the nice complements I use to get all the time from men. Lol I also can relate to your Facebook scenario. So don't feel bad. You're definitely not alone.

Icon_missing_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 4:00pm
via Android

Just got inspired by jon jones lol

Me16_thumb
63 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 3:57pm
via Android

My kids are my biggest inspiration right now. They are only 15 months and 5 weeks but they are what keeps me going.

Image_thumb
121 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 11:40am
via Android

I have always stayed active through my life, I enjoy physical activities, to varying levels of fitness & weightAs a firefighter I train now because my life & others lives depend on thatI want to go home at the end of the day as good or better than the way I arrived to work

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 10:54am
via iOS
My motivation was change and also to help my teen age daughter get her to a healthy weight. It really hurt me to watch her suffer with low self esteem and a lack of hope. I have been blessed with so much energy which doesnt seem to have passed genetically.. Or maybe my genetics excuse is only a very affective cop out.. An easy way to pass the buck. Atleast, this was my motivating factor and it was a good leverage point. We joined a local Zumba class about a year ago and I am amazed by the results.. We spend time together, dance our booties off(literally), have fun and CHANGE!  
NOW IF ONLY I COULD CONVINCE MY DAUGHTER TO STOP CALLING HERSELF LAZY.. that word can be so damning. 
Also, 
I have always been a high energy type of person but focusing and pushing mysrlf past my limit are my weak point.s. I am motivated... And terribly unfocused. 
Any tips or helpful mind Tricks? 
Any input will be greatly appreciated. :)
16 Jan
Stick a photo on the fridge of the body you want to achieve but it has to be realistic. You can't aim for Jessica Alba when you're like Beyoncé. Finding healthier alternatives to the naughty part of your diet can help with the cycle of binge-guilt-binge.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 5:58pm
via iOS
Well I've always been chubby and my bestfriends family are calling her fat so she is losing weight, we weigh the same and I said I would do it with her because I always feel really self conscious and have NEVER EVER worn a bikini, and my clothes are always big. I just want a flat stomach and to be fitter so all the annoying thin girls in my year can't judge me anymore.
25 Oct
Same here.
370644_641311719_964134650_n_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 22, 2013 5:12pm
via Android

The honest truth is I have body image issues. I don't believe I can get the kind of girl I'm attracted to unless somehow I get ahold of my weight and shred to a 6pack. It may seem shallow but for me it's deep.

25 Oct
Not shallow at all. Realistic.
Image_thumb
159 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 11:34pm
via iOS
I have had the worst year of my life. The roof on our house had water damage last year with those crazy storms. We didn't have the money for emergency roof work, so we borrowed from the bank. Then, the people who were working on the roof caused a general flooding of the entire house. All the paint came off ceilings, walls, the beautiful hardwood floor was ruined, the kitchen was a 100% damage. Long story short, insurance covers only part of all the damage, and it turns out the newly redone roof has to be redone again as the contractor did an awful job. We are paying our second new roof in a year with instalments.

We can't live in our house while this is going on; we have been living in a tiny shack for almost a year now, and I am going nuts here. I haven't had work for most of the year, so no money to fix the house. Me and my partner get on each other's nerves – he works long hours managing a restaurant, and I sit at home alone not doing anything. We have two very different lives and lots of problems like the roof.

I have been feeling kind of depressed and started thinking that if I don't want to lose it, I have to clean up all the messes in my life. What better place to start than my body, right? I quit smoking a few months ago, but that made me even more depressed. I will not get into it, but when you quit smoking, it's like you quit taking your happy pills. So, I needed to hang onto something else to feel good, develop new habits to replace the old nasty one. I found pleasure and satisfaction in food, and it didn't take long before I started asking myself about my food choices and what my body needs. It turned out I wasn't eating the right stuff even though my nutrition is better than the average North American's. I discovered I had too much body fat, and this is how I ended up looking for a way to get fit.

Long story short, I am turning everything around – and it all started with a leaky roof!

Who would have thought, right? ☺
25 Oct
Positive attitude! :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
40 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 4:06am
via Android

I have been getting bullied about my weight so this summer i decided to get in shape fast and prove them wrong. But im just doing it this summer i am going to keep goimg until i reach my goal.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 30, 2013 1:06am
via Android

I decided to change due to self esteem issues and health. I look at myself and get disgusted. That's no way to feel about yourself. So instead of crying about it I'm going to do something about it. Im 28yrs old 5ft 2in and 215 lbs. That's way too much weight for my frame

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,343 topics, 38,266 posts

Motivation & Support

8,525 topics, 41,550 posts

App Updates

43 topics, 105 posts

Ask the Pros

765 topics, 1,953 posts

Workouts and Programs

2,936 topics, 12,159 posts

Trainer Tools

23 topics, 62 posts

Featured Training Programs

Lean Pilates: Control

Lean Pilates: Control

Casual Time 3 Weeks
Kick-Off Mania

Kick-Off Mania

Moderate Time 2 Weeks
Body Blast Bootcamp

Body Blast Bootcamp

Intense Time 4 Weeks
Calisthenics 1.0

Calisthenics 1.0

Casual Time 2 Weeks
Harvard Health Gym Coach

Harvard Health Gym Coach

Moderate Time 3 Weeks
Scientific 7x7

Scientific 7x7

Intense Time 2 Weeks

Featured Workouts

Luxurious Yin

Luxurious Yin

Casual Ic_time_32x32 45 mins  
Yoga  
Core 50-10

Core 50-10

Moderate Ic_time_32x32 31 mins  
Core  
Pull 'n' Throw

Pull 'n' Throw

Intense Ic_time_32x32 15 mins  
Back   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Kettlebell, Dumbbell, Bench, Medicine Ball, Pull Up Bar
Inhibition

Inhibition

Casual Ic_time_32x32 6 mins  
Legs   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Foam Roller
Cardio Homework

Cardio Homework

Moderate Ic_time_32x32 24 mins  
Lower Body  
Med Ball Mayhem

Med Ball Mayhem

Intense Ic_time_32x32 10 mins  
Full Body   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Medicine Ball