Single parenting?

44 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 2:37am
via iOS
I'm not really sure how this whole forum thing work, but I am working out because I am a single Dad. I realized not to long ago that I was in the worst shape ever, and I needed to start working out and getting healthy so that I could be there for my kids when they need me. I will try to keep you posted on my progress, and I'll through in any exercises we do as a family.
11 Sep
Hola. I m single mother one kids and stay foucs blance famil and workout... good luck work out ur shape smile
19 Oct
Good job! I am a single mom of 3 and started working out for those same reasons. I think your decision is an important one. One your kids will appreciate years to come. :)
28 Apr
Well done mate, much respect to you. My daughter is my motivation too
10 Jun
31 single dad full time. I know how you feel. Kids will keep you motivated and theres a community full of people behind ya. Keep pushing ;-)
16 Dec
Good luck and stay focused
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 11, 2013 2:40am
via Android

Glad to hear! I love watching people progress. Don't give up no matter how hard it gets!

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 4:13am
via Android

Good man. You will do an awesome job. Also, I think I have those shower curtains

11 Sep
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 5:05am

being a dad is the most important and most rewarding work youll ever do. Tell us if we can help in any way.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 5:35pm
via iOS
Thanks for the support guys.  I did both my workouts.  I have to say they kicked my butt.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 6:06pm
via Android

I'm a single parent too it's tough but we can make it get the kids involved make it a game ,my 8 year old likes to see if he can do more then I can 

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 11, 2013 8:23pm
via Android

29 single super Mom with two girls 4&6 keep up all the awesome work, great job having the kids do it with you.

Image_thumb
47 Posts
Sep 12, 2013 2:58am
via Android

Being a single parent is tough but it can get done.  Its all a balancing act and a little sacrifice. Working 10 to 12 hrs day with a 1 hour commute to and from.  Homework with my son pack lunches, shower, prayer, story time, he sleeps and I go for my run or my exercise sometime both. Routine and planning are essential. My exercise is sacred to me need it to unwind amd relax and make me feel oh so good. Wonder why I never started before. Best of luck...

12 Sep
I have been working out in the mornings do think its better to workout in the mornings or at night.
12 Sep
That was supposed to be a question. Sorry about that some times my brain works faster than my finger.
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Sep 12, 2013 5:36am
via Android

We have no option as long as it gets done. I really like it in the morning but as it is I already wake up at 5am. So I say just put on youe tennis shoes and get it done. In a couple of months you'll crave it....

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 7:25pm
via iOS
So fare so good this will be my first weekend working out.  I won't be working out on Sunday.  I am getting more excited about working out every day.
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Sep 13, 2013 11:20pm
via Android

I'm also a single mom. I try to get my workouts in while my son is in school. Good luck and keep us updated!

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 2:35am
via iOS
I'm starting to really get excited about my work out tomorrow.
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 14, 2013 2:58am
via Android

Good luck!  You will find that the benefits from working out are amazing

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 1:59am
via iOS
I'm having a very hard time this week.  I can't seem to find time to work out.
20 Sep
Maybe easy stuff after they go to bed? A 2 minute plank or stretching? Its hard but keeping even a little going helps.
Icon_missing_thumb
18 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 2:23am
via Android

I know that it is hard to work out as a single parent.  I would try to workout before I woke my daughter up before I went to work or when she went to bed.  Keep the faith.

19 Sep
Im new at this and im guess the topic is single parenting. Well im 30 and has full custody of my 1 yr old daughter.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Sep 19, 2013 5:05am
via Android

Respect to you brother.  Good luck with your journey.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 21, 2013 11:54am
via iOS
Sweet I got to workout for almost 30 min straight
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Sep 24, 2013 8:27pm
via Android

You are doing a good job. Your a good role model for your daughter as she sees you turn into super dad. I am a single parent of 2 girls & my youngest is 1 yrs old. I totally understand your challenge. Stick with it. I am learning every thing we do together is exercise too. Use the playground, great free workout center  :-) good luck!

26 Sep
Thanks so much
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Sep 25, 2013 12:31pm
via Android

goodluck!

10 Jun
Anyway,father's day is coming and i think some of the dads here are awesome, i just want to greet y'all early than the day,lol.... Happy Father's Day to all pops in the worlds :)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 2, 2013 10:02pm
via iOS
Well I got to work out Monday but not yesterday.  I really need to workout today.  I think I will try to after church.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 10:56pm
via iOS
I'm so excited I got to work out twice this week, and I know I'll get to work on Saturday.
12 Oct
If you want to fit in more work outs. Take every little piece of time that's free and work out. I do a lot of the 3-10 minute work outs. I'm not single but I'm the one who takes care of my daughter majority of the day.
12 Oct
Thanks for the advice. I will defiantly do that.
13 Oct
Total agreement with Alex - ido most of the care giving for my 3 kids. I even do a workout while they watch the freakin disney channel. But i get ot done, im with them and it beats sitting on a couch! I found that once i got creative witb small bits of time i could workout a lot more.
13 Oct
My daughter likes being part of it.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 12, 2013 3:14pm
via iOS
I created a very simple work out for a single parent.  I recommend that you complet it before you eat breakfast.
13 Oct
Joel, whats the name of your workout?
19 Oct
No weights
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 10:13am
via iOS
I'm a single mum of  3 kids I tend to work out in the mornings and before I go to bed
19 Oct
So you workout twice a day
19 Oct
Yes in the morning at the gym two older ones are at school and the youngest she is in creach at the gym except wed and fri she's at kinder except the weekend I don't go to the gym but I do the excercise on the app when I'm not to tired and free,
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 6:06pm
via Android

Imma single mom of 3 lil ones 4, 3, 1 yrs old. Its hard to find time to work out for sure! But kids love to be like there P's when they are lil so let them join in tho somtimes that is a lil distracting. My favorite thing to do is sneek it in when doing everyday your things. Like when the kids are in the bath I will do pushups by the tub and stretches...its hard and I'm not very motivated...but I'm working on it..  you can do it! Just stay focused

19 Oct
Lol sorry I was distracted while writing that...
27 Oct
This past week I lost focus but I have it back now. Thank you for the encouragement.
27 Oct
:-D for me the trick is whwn I loose focuse for a few days to not let that stop me from jumping back in with both feet :-D
27 Oct
and you are most welcome! I hear ya!
28 Oct
Hey can you follow me so I can see your workouts and stuff.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 11:45am
via iOS
This week I lost my focus halfway through the week.  I am working on a cardio work out to burn off some of the fat covering my abs.  I am eating about 5 to 6 times a day and I have noticed a difference.  I also wanted to say (to those of you who are Christians) that this week I was reminded of how much I have to work at my relationship with Christ.  Just like I workout everyday or every other day I must take time to be with God.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51