Single parenting?

45 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 3:30pm
via Android

Hi,
I'm a single mom and it's hard to balance a full time, taking my son to school, afterschool activities, homework, working out and cooking. I know many of you guys are in my shoes but any tips on how to make things a little easier?

28 Oct
One thing that change my life was my slow cooker. You can easily find cook books for them. What is awesome is you put all the ingredients in before you go to work. Then set it to low and bam when you get home from work it's done.
Image_thumb
44 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 3:36pm
via Android

There's a 7 minute workout that you most likely can fit in. It's better than nothing and made a difference for me. Even when feeling lazy I can usually talk myself into it!

27 Oct
thank you. I'll look for those short workouts.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Nov 28, 2013 3:00am
via iOS
Tomorrow is thanksgiving.  I hope you all are doing great, and thank you so much for supporting and encouraging me.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 9, 2013 10:53pm
via iOS
Well I am defiantly back in the swing of things.  Thank you guys for all your support and encouragement.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 10, 2013 12:30am
via Android

Single mom of 2 boys here they are 6 and 3 so that's where I get most of my exercise! I'm trying to get more Done though!  Good luck!

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 3:21am
via iOS
I feel like it's been for ever since I even got on here but here I am again.  I'm thinking about joining a gym.  I have been haveing a very tuff time finding time to get my workout in.  I got a promotion at work (wich is a great thing) and it's majorly throwing me off.
Image_thumb
69 Posts
Mar 6, 2014 7:54pm
via Android

Give you all credit for sticking with it....

Image_thumb
123 Posts
Mar 25, 2014 12:34pm
via iOS
When I was a single mum, I worked out and she joined in, or I used her as a weight.  I used her nap time or after bed to read my bible and pray.  She's know 7 and I have two preschoolers, I still work out with them but an ashamed to say The Lord has taken a backstep in my life with kids, school runs and dogs.  It's always a balancing act and sometimes the wrong things go by the wayside.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Apr 28, 2014 1:12pm
via iOS
Well I loaned a gym last week and since then I have runn almost every morning.  And have already added a 1/4 mile to my running distance.  My goal in running is to get to a four min mile and to be able to run at lest five miles a day. I have also started working my back legs and arms on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, schedule.  I'm already seeing results and I am not getting drosy at work.  As much as I was.
28 Apr
Oops I meant to say joined
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 9, 2014 5:24pm
via iOS
This morning I ran a solid 15min at 6mph.  I know for you runners this is nothing but it's huge for me.  2 weeks ago I was struggling to make it to 3/4 of a mile at like 5mph.  The Lord is really helping me.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
May 26, 2014 8:47pm
via iOS
My last run was Friday and I worked my way up to 7mph and maintained it for 15 min.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
May 28, 2014 8:04am
via Android

Wow i salute you Joel..,much respect to you..
You r such an awesome dad..Take care..

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 9, 2014 12:22pm
via iOS
I had a very full weekend so I wasn't able to run.  This morning a ran and worked my way up to 7mph again.  I also did a 45 sec. elbo plank after it.  I feel like I am getting stronger but I still look like I gave an inert über around my waist.  My lower abbs are getting cut and my solar plexus are getting some definition but everything in between is still very squishy.  😒  Really want to get ripped.  I also want to get back in to martial arts.  Any suggestions?
09 Jun
"...I gave..." is supposed to be I have.
09 Jun
"Inter über" is supposed to be inner-tube
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 10, 2014 9:17am
via Android

U seem to be doing great bud u keep it up. I am very recently single i have 2kids to that relationship. I hope i csn find your motivation soon bro. Well done. Respect.

10 Jun
If you ever want to talk about it just message me. There are going to be times when you feel like your doing everything wrong and it helps to have some one who knows what your going through.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 12:01pm
via iOS
Ok I am kind of excited because I am seeing more definition but I am kind of bummed to because I am actually gaining weight not loosing it.  I also have this ban of fat that just won't shrink or anything.  Any suggestions?
27 Jun
Ps: I am working out at a gym now. Not at home.
28 Jun
It's your diet.. My friend changed my whole body in five months. We workout That and Cut out all sugar.
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 7:28pm
via iOS
I know I haven't posted anything resently on here, but I wanted to let everyone know where I'm at.  I am now benching 135lb.  My torso twist and abb crutches are at 175lb.  My tricep press is at 215.  I am running 2 miles at 8mph (top speed my average min per pile is 9min/mile).  I'm hoping to get my min/mile down to 5min/mile.  Considering a year ago I couldn't put up 90lbs or run even half a mile I think I am making good progress.  The interesting thing is I haven't really lost any weight.  I went from 225lb down to 195 then up again to 205 and that's where I have been hovering for about two months now.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 16, 2015 11:52am

Single parenting is tough job. So I think selecting a good day care center can be a best option. Day care centres must be chosen with proper research about the day care centres. It is important that parents must check the surroundings, qualification and background of teachers and staff, safety, security etc. Long Island daycare centers provides all the facilities which are essential for children to learn, grow and play.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Dec 16, 2015 5:13pm
via Android

Ima single mom. I stopped smoking iver a year ago, and got into sgape for my kiddoa as well  its good to see en so devoted to parenting. I work out when they nap, or do a little here ans there tgrough the day 

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 16, 2015 5:21pm
via Android

I am a single parent to a 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl. They are my motivation for everything I do!

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 4, 2018 1:28am
via Android

Single parent also. 3 boys: 19, 12, &7. However I am working out. Also I am walking/speed walking/jogging/running/or hiking atleast 5 miles a day. Some days up to 8 miles. Also I already have my max calorie intake set at 1000 calories less each day than what I would have to consume daily to maintain my current weight. And I end up consuming even less than that amount, and I burn over what I consume and then some typically. Keep at it. I lost 10 pounds in my first week of doing this. Everyone is different. I also track everything I eat, my steps, etc; by using the samsung health app. Good luck.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,342 topics, 38,276 posts

Motivation & Support

8,528 topics, 41,550 posts

App Updates

43 topics, 104 posts

Ask the Pros

764 topics, 1,952 posts

Workouts and Programs