Squatters!!!????

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
209 Posts
Dec 15, 2013 5:00pm
via iOS
Okay so I believe I have pretty good form while doing my squats but... I'm always hearing the phrase "ass to grass"... Is squatting lower better for a better booty?
18 Jan
Best way to do squats in perfect form and low is with a stability ball. It will assist you in keeping your form and going "ass to grass" so check it out and see what you think of it
27 Jan
Thanks Zbo R
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Dec 15, 2013 5:34pm
via iOS
I would say yea the lower the better. I use weights also when I do them. Also when I do them I hold for 2 seconds It doesn't sound like it hurts but it does lol
15 Dec
Oh I definitely know it hurts lol
Image_thumb
103 Posts
Dec 15, 2013 6:12pm
via Android

Well yes and no, the ankle shouldn't be smaller than 90° !!! This is very important bc of your knees! If you want a better butt, use weight, do a squat workout but 100-180 "normal" squats a day are enough ! I did it and i'm happy with the result...pictures

15 Dec
Thanks Lina
16 Dec
Lina is correct, and the lower the better as long as you are maintaining good form.
16 Dec
There's some really good no-weight squat workouts in my liked and created workouts
16 Dec
Thanks Scotty I'll checkout your workouts
16 Dec
No problem. 'Its all about the ass', 'squat zone' are both good ones
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Dec 26, 2013 6:12am
via Android

Yeah everyone is spot on here lower the better as long as you have good form, if you are struggling to get lower you can grab a weight hold it out in front of you and use it as a counter weight

26 Dec
Thanks Peter!
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jan 17, 2014 1:09am
via Android

Actually I was a little wrong I have been enlightened and here is a study on why people squat differently http://themovementfix.com/the-best-kept-secret-why-people-have-to-squat-differently/# now don't get me wrong one should try and go to their full range of motion but arse tk grass squat may be anatomically impossible for a particular person same as narrow and wide squat its a great little article.

29 May
Atg isn't needed in squats, as long as you hit parallel or below you are working the whole muscle group so why stress your knees more than you need to.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51