Fat

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 2:07am
via Android

I weigh almost 250. I look in the mirror and see a fat disgusting blob that want stop eating and get off my lazy butt to possible save my life. I downloaded this thinking it may work. But it prolly won't. It is easier for me to eat than to workout.

18 Feb
raven u have to believe in yourself this apps is great you'll meet alot if cool people an a great support system. just set small goals u can do it, just have faith an take it one day at a time
18 Feb
Raven don't do that to yourself. Listen you acknowledging you need to lose weight is the first part. You also have to want it. A lot of us have been where you are. Trust me you can do it. Don't doubt your ability to do ANYTHING. if you need support, motivation, or someone to just talk to about getting fit let me know. I am not a doctor lol but I can share some healthy eating habits that will also help you jump start your journey. Good luck Raven I believe in you. :-) :-) :-)
18 Feb
Thank you both. I feel so alone at time cause I am a solitary person. I understand that I have gotten myself into a terrible state of mind. It feels good to tell ppl how I feel knowing I won't be judged. I am happy for the first time in a long while about my future plan to lose weight. I can help doing that to myself though. I don't really try. It comes naturally. When I look in that mirror I don't see me anymore. I see a stranger. And I wonder to myself how I became him.
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 2:22am
via Android

If you think it won't work already then it can't work.

You need to change your mind set and start focusing on all things positive.  It is a long and winding road and you will hit road blocks along the way but you will get past them.

Start by writing down small goals on sticky notes and post them all around your house.  Start small like.... I will take the stairs at work today or I will park at the end of the parking lot at the store, I will eat an apple as a snack, I will workout 2 days this week etc.  Be creative and keep them positive.  Use the app and work your way up. 

Good luck

18 Feb
Thank you the words of wisdom. I don't work right now. I have an exerise bike but my doctor almost laughed at me when I brought it up. She said I need something that I could really workout on. Now I have just been staring at it. It has to help right? I mean its a start.
18 Feb
Something is better than nothing. Get on that bike and go. It may be only 5 minutes to start....and then 7.....and then 10...... before you know it it will be half any hour. Then you can walk back into your doctors office and laugh at them and say look at me now.
18 Feb
That is true. The way she looked at me mad me mad but it also hurt. I can't afford to change doctors or I would. I haven't been back to see her since. As I have said before. Thank you fr all your kind words.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 2:47am
via Android

I encourage u to change your way of thinking first and foremost. Be determined to do something that u may not have ever done. The small goals help a lot along with all the many people here that hears your story and want to be an encouragement to u. I use to sing a lil song  to my son when he was having problems in school. ITS LIKE THIS Don't give up don't give in work a little harder and u will win speak life into yourself. Press forwarder though the wind may try to blow u down pick ur self up and keep it going.  How will u know what u can accomplish if u don't try?

18 Feb
Thank you for that song. I love it. I will try to keep it in mind as I use this app. I figured I might as well say how I feel on here. I have to hide it from everyone else
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 3:06am
via Android

Just start slow. You can still eat! Exercise only takes 30-60 mins a day to burn a nice amount of calories, and you don't even have to do it all at once if that's what stopping you. 10-15 mins through out the day will burn a sufficient amount of calories and still give you health benefits! Before you eat something, try to move around a little bit: jogging in place, jump rope, jumping jacks. Not because food is the reward, but because you were getting up anyways :) It is hard to find motivation to workout sometimes, but you can do it! It's kind of like doing the dishes, you may dread doing them at first but after the first few dishes you don't even really think about it. And the end results look nice... Lol. Are you changing your diet at all?

18 Feb
I had changed my diet at on point but I fell back into my old ways. I don't eat bad stuff. At least I don't think I do. I don't eat out I can't afford it. I don't eat candy or drink soda. I think the main issue besides not working out is the fact I am use to eating a lot at one time. I have never done breakfast and lunch. I usually eat a big dinner. A friend od my told me I need to eat up to 5 times a day. Well including snacks and meals. I...
19 Feb
My friend is going through this right now. She said it's not the eating healthy that is hard but the having to eat frequently that is difficult. She said it gets easier :) If you get foods that you know are good for you it will be a little easier to eat because it will be more of a mental satisfaction than hunger satisfaction. It's a good feeling knowing you are doing something good for your body :)
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 18, 2014 5:33pm
via Android

Thank you all. You have helped me realize that I am not along in this. I am use to handling everything myself. But this weight thing is getting bigger than me. It is affecting my self worth and makes me hate myself. I have been lying to everyone except my gf and doctor. But now I have found some ppl I can be real with and it feels like a burden has lifted. I know I am a long way from being the man I want to be. But at least this is a start.

18 Feb
We are all here for you :) if you need anything just ask.
Image_thumb
123 Posts
Mar 25, 2014 12:40pm
via iOS
I haven't read all the posts but small changes make a huge difference, changing the type of food or portion size can make you feel healthier and so more confident.  Don't deprive yourself of what you want or it'll be two hard.  Try fruit to snack on and if you want chocolate have a small bar.  Swap to salad for lunch.  Try healthy options they can taste good.  Start easy with your workout at your pace ten minutes a day if gentle excersize will feel better than pushing yourself and giving up.  You can increase it as you feel able too.  That's my pennies worth anyway :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51