Social health essay

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Apr 15, 2014 8:29pm
via Android

Social health? What is social health in the publics opinion? Does social health exist?
I'm beginning to question if social health is a realistic concept and wandering how it relates to overall wellness.... Being autistic is like being socially impaired at least that's what professionals project upon individuals with an ASD (autism spectrum disorder ) such as myself ... But what I see is a socially impaired world..society is told how to dress speak behave and even think... the sayings "make a good first impression " "think positive " " dress for success " are a few of societys requirments of how and what we should be... I find myself listening to those around me...most of what I hear are opinions assumptions and sterotyped ideas and are mostly due to huge misunderstandings of others as well as lack of proper communication... watching a persons body language is said to be important...being autistic I did not knw body language even existed till I was in my twenties till I was introduced to it by a friend giving me one of his dads books..even then I thought this was a mystery and that few knew of its existence...since thn I've read extensively and studied it ... and what I have learned despite my own limitations is that their is no specific code of "body language " each individual is different and to truly read someone you must knw thm..one sign can mean several different things... only way to truly understand is to truly listen... to truly listen you can't go by what you see hear or think...you must eliminate all opinions and assumptions...things are rarely ever really what we think.... listen and learn...Autistic people are not socially impaired we just dnt grasp societys criteria of what is considered socially acceptable...social health and wellness would eliminate communication problems as well as societies "pecking order" my conclusion is very few if any posess true social health and wellness ... what are your ideas and thoughts on this? ( Note : respectful and decent comments only please )

15 Apr
2 Tim 3:1-5 I think sums it up....
15 Apr
2 Timothy 3: 1-5 1) This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2) For men shall be lovers of their own selves , covetous, boasters , proud , blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3) Without natural affection , truce breakers,false accusers, incontinent,fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more then lovers of God; 5) Having a form of godliness , but denying the power thereof : from such turn away. ..... I believe in these scriptures with my whole heart... but I wonder why you chose these...
16 Apr
I believe these verses paint a perfect picture of human society as a whole. which effects our social health..hope is in the choices that we make.
16 Apr
Appreciate ur opinion Henry.. :-)
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Apr 16, 2014 5:16am
via Android

I love interacting with people with autism. Especially children lol they will say whatever is on their minds without the slightest idea that it might be offensive or rude. Gotta love that kind of honesty...

16 Apr
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Apr 16, 2014 6:00am
via Android

There is something very comforting about body language. It is a way to communicate something to someone without ever speaking a word. I can tell how a person is feeling but looking at how they posture themselves, and by doing so, I can determine the appropriate way to approach them to get a desirable response from them.
Just like our verbal language, body language is not always going to have a solid set of rules that everyone will naturally use. There are cultures in this world whose body language is significantly different than what was probably in those books you read. One of the things that connects people, makes us "smarter", and aids in our ultimate progression as a species is our ability to communicate with one another. The more synchronized our languages are (including body), the easier it is to understand other people when we do not have the proper amount if time to truly get to know them. This is why "society" tells us what means what and that it is important to follow the rules.
This may be a little off from what I was just saying but if you look at  dogs, it doesn't matter what breed or country they are from, they ALL have the same basic body language-- tail between legs is scared, tail wagging is happy, crouched down teeth showing better stay away! People are the same way. Like dogs, we have some form of natural human body language (even those considered autistic). And like dogs, we can be taught to display certain expressions to communicate an intrinsic desire or feeling. I probably would have several scars on my body if I was unable to identify cats and dogs body language lol.
What do you think the world would be like if no one ever used or recognized body language? :) What was it like for you? Im very curious

16 Apr
I wonder, if there were such a thing as a Social Health radar for individuals... what would my rating be? haha
16 Apr
What was it like for me? Peaceful!!! It was peaceful!!! Now nothing is peaceful ... i didn't look for sighns ..because I didn't knw they existed ... I wasn't aware if someone may look happy or sad... I was oblivious and long to be oblivious again...it wasn't the way God created me to be..... and I cud be happy and someone would accuse me of being mad all the time funny that part hasn't changed... my body language rarely truly will tell you how I feel I may look to you sad but really I'm not feeling anything at all...you...
16 Apr
The books and articles I've studied are written by professionals in interrogations military as well as police...whose job is to knw what your saying without ever saying a word... the reason why people read people wrong is they thnk they knw this code yet they dnt...culture isn't the only factor.. their are other factors that determine an individuals unspoken language...including the individuals personality
16 Apr
I thnk the world that didn't use body language would be less judgemental.... and probably a lot more autistic... it would be awesome!!! :-)
16 Apr
I also think it would be pretty awesome! I hate it when I am feeling content and people ask me "Are you okay? Are you ok??? What's wrong???" What's wrong is I was happy and then you started bugging me, THAT'S what's wrong! lol. Silly people. I guess my 'deep in thought' face looks like my 'very angry' face.
577898_304526149677075_1650155414_n_thumb
14 Posts
Dec 6, 2016 9:29pm

I need to write compare essay https://essmart.org/compare-and-contrast-essay/ on similar topic .Main thesis is the autism isn't a catch-all for anything. It's a biologically-based, neurological developmental disorder, and there are varying degrees of autism, which is why it's come to be called "Autistic Spectrum Disorder" nowadays. Some autistics become high-functioning, and are able to lead normal, productive lives, and to be out in the world like most people.Others need more specialized programs and care, but institutionalization is certainly not the answer, because autism is not a mental illness. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51