Starting Over

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 5, 2014 1:41am
via Android

Just turned 34 with a life realization - I've been taking care of everyone else and not me. I've given my all to my career, family, friends and let myself go in the process. Haven't made any time for myself and it shows. In 6 yrs. I'll be 40 yrs. old. I want to be in the best shape I've ever been. Dont have anyone to work out with or help hold me accountable. Most of my friends work shift work and have families to care for. Just not sure how or where to start ~ advice needed and someone to help hold me accountable please.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 2:20am
via Android

Start off slow if you need to.

Start with what feels comfortable. Maybe you would prefer changing your diet first, then adding the exercise once you've gotten it down. You will have to change your diet again, but hopefully by that time you will be more familiar with what to do when it comes to your diet.

Maybe you would rather do the exercising routines...BUT you will have to rearrange your diet so that you are giving your body what it needs while adding the extra activity.

It really depends on how comfortable you feel and where you want to go with it....

Image_thumb
107 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 3:08am
via Android

Good for you... I started doing one exercise a day with each one I started feeling more and more alive. I set a small goal of 10,000 steps a day that's about 5 mi roughly 1-2 hours walking per day.. Now I do 15000 step but now I also run and bike almost daily. Been 9 weeks now and loving every moment...There's plenty of good work outs and alot of people are helpfull...  Good luck with your fitness endeavors

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51