Knee pain help

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 5:57pm
via Android

I've been working out for almost a year and a half now off and on I have lost almost 80 pounds and I run a lot and I do squats a lot but I'm starting to have a lot of knee pain how can I fix it. It only hurts when I do squats or when I'm running (only when i workout).

24 Oct
Check your form with running and squats you may be stressing the knee and not realize it. Also look at your flexibility in the quads, hamstrings and hip to see if a tightness is pulling in knee cap out of alignment. And lastly don't forget about strengthening the hamstrings to counter balance the much stronger quads.
24 Oct
Make sure that when doing Squats you are putting the weight into your heels and not the ball of your foot. I used to have that issue and it used to aggravate my knees.
26 Oct
Check out Katy Coull on this app. She has a workout called VMO strengthening to combat knee pain - KC. Might help you if you have similar issues.
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Oct 24, 2014 6:37pm
via Android

You run and do squats alot. Although both are very good, the problem is they are aggravating your knee. Time to switch up your workout and get a knee brace/support. Let your knee rest/heal.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51