Just turned 30

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 1:15am
via iOS
So I just turned 30 last month and I don't know if it's a mental thing or if it cuz I'm 30 but I feel tired all the time. I mean even when I get 8 solid hours and eat great I am still feeling tired. I work out regularly but it seems since 30 my body takes twice as long to recover. It doesn't help that I am on 40 percent disability from my 8 years in the marine corps but the disability has not really seemed to bother me til now. Does anyone know any natural ways to get an energy boost or anything I can start doing to feel more energetic. I eat healthy drink plenty of water and hardly ever drink (literally a glass of wine every couple of months). Am I doing something wrong or is this just what it is like when you turn 30 ?
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 2:23am
via Android

Hi Mike,
I also turned 30 recently. I think your issue is more of a mentality thing. You  think your old so you start acting old. Lol. You have to change the mentality.  You know the saying, age is just a number. You are as old as you feel. If you really think about it, 30 is young. There are plenty of people in there 40's and 50's that look amazing. As far as energy goes, try yoga. It is so amazing for your body and soul. It calms, energizes, strengthens, and stretches you. It has many health benefits. Hope the advice helps.

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 7:01am
via Android

I agree with Mandy. It's not even physically possible that your health would deteriorate over night just because of two numbers changing.
There's got to be something else. Vitamin deficiency? Too large workload? Something in your personal life that stresses you out?
As for me I'm 35 and I've never felt better. I didn't start working out regularly until the age of 29.

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 3:03pm
via Android

I'm 31 and yeah sometimes I feel tired but that's only because of stress related issues. Otherwise I am energetic. I take vitamins. Eat healthy and drink lots of water every day ( except on weekends). I think maybe you should find some stress relievers.  The more happier the mind and body the more energetic you will be.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 21, 2014 6:31pm
via Android

Take a multivitamin regularly and coffee is a great stimulant pre workout. Make sure that you're taking in enough proteins for your bodyweight which is 1 to 1.5 gms per pound of bodyweight if you're active and up to 2-3 gms if you're trying to gain. Hope this helps :D salute for being a soldier as most of my family is its an honourable profession

22 Nov
Thank you I will try the multivitamin. Your welcome, It was a honor to serve this country.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 22, 2014 3:49pm
via iOS
Thanks everyone for the help. I am sure it is a mental thing as most you you say. I guess I didn't think it was stress related because I have dealt with so much stress in my life and job.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51