What do you give up on?

24 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 15, 2014 11:37pm

Eheheh not on working out! But I want to give up on wine and aperitives cocktails, I should drink more water. Yes, I must drink more water but I can't, I never feel thirsty! How much water do you drink, guys?

16 Dec
If your work out regularly like atleast 4 times a week I would recommend just near a gallon
07 Jan
Vodka and haribo lol my weaknesses :( I also need to drink more water x
01 Sep
I give up on alcohol, since I turned 35, it make me so sick.
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 12:21am
via Android

Nothing, I eat or drink whatever I want in small portions. Also I mostly drink water and herbal. Alcohol is only for extra special occassions.

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 4:45am
via Android

I gave up rice. I lost weight but eating has never been the same. (Asian)
It's like a happy kinda sad kinda angry kinda glad feeling.

16 Dec
Drink 7 seven glass water everyday
27 Mar
What do you eat instead of rice? its hard to imagine an Asian meal without it.
27 Mar
When I went to Thailand every course like fish or meat had a little portion of rice with it. In Italy we eat bread instead, which I didn't see in Asia.
27 Mar
You can make a shredded cauliflower rice substitue
27 Mar
AJ G dont feel alone I gave up rice potatoes sugar and alot of other stuff, it was a big vhange but all worth it...
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 5:26am
via Android

Sandy. I drink more than 1.5 ltrs of water a day.  But I guess the satisfaction feeling is more of a psychological thing. I guess.

18 Dec
U should have 3-4 liters of water
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 6:40am
via iOS
I gave up fast food, one year strong on Jan. 1st!
Icon_missing_thumb
93 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 6:58am
via Android

I'm lactose intolerant
I gave up a few days ago on eating/drinking anything that's regular milk containing lactose, my butt has suffered enough

And I drink about 8 water bottles a day

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 3:17pm

Everybody is better than me, I see :D My friend suggested to always keep a water bottle nearby, where you can see it, so it will become easier to find myself thirsty! Maybe it works. I should try.
Usually I drink less than 3 glasses per day...sometimes I also eat without drinking at all.

And thinking about giving up...I gotta stop eating chocolate. I can't resist. If I have chocolate at home it's a disaster! LOL

18 Dec
I have a big bar of lindt ( a chocolate) from 14th October and I haven't had a piece of it still, and that's my favorite chocolate
06 Jan
I am software developer. My routine of eating is so disturb. I feel I cannot get the same fitness which is about 1 year ago. But hope for the best
18 Jan
I gave up sweets twice - each time for six months straight. It actually was so hard but now I barely eat them anyway. You adjust.
29 May
Avian...give me that lindt chocolate to me..happy to take as gift:-P
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 6:27pm
via Android

Sodas if that counts

16 Dec
Everything counts!
18 Dec
Okay :-)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Dec 16, 2014 11:34pm
via Android

Sweets! I have a real sweeth tooth atm -.-

18 Dec
Sweets are like drugs, I'm addicted to everything with chocolate on it -_-
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 4:56pm
via Android

I haven't given up anything, i love to eat, but i have cut down on how much i indulge in things i know aren't good for me or my waist line.  Its whatever i want in the morning, but then after that whole grains, raw veggies, and lean meat the rest of the day. With better eating habits and regular exercise i can justify the occasional night of drinking and eating rich food.

As far as water i aim for 3 liters a day or more if i can.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 8:57pm
via iOS
I gave up pork a few years ago. I used to drink half a gallon of water a day (no joke) and now drink much less and need to drink it more again! I have never had sodas or alcohol at all but I know those things tend to cause weight gain and knew people who lost weight when giving them up. Hope all goes well!!
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 18, 2015 9:33pm
via Android

I've given up red meat, it's been almost two months. I feel great, but I keep having bacon dreams :(

26 Mar
i dont know how you do it, man. I just can't give up on red meat. :/ Respect.
30 May
Agree IM still eating red meat. The guys will make carnitas if nothing else and I can't resist it.
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 7:10pm
via Android

I gave up on salts. I still eat sweets and my weight still balance. Well I lost 2kg but after I eat normal again (I used to give up on rice too) I gain some weight again. I think I need to b more discipline...

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 7:19pm
via Android

Everything white and potatoes

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 7:23pm
via Android

i havent given up on anything yet...and probably wont until my metabolism starts slowing down in 5-10 years from now

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 28, 2015 7:07pm
via Android

Bonjour

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Mar 28, 2015 7:50pm
via Android

Havent really given up much in way of food. Just cut it down...

Been off the booze for about 3 weeks now and feeling awesome. Was drinking 4 to 6 beers a day prior. Weight has dropped by 4kg in that 3 weeks.

I am lucky enough to have a very manual job in landscaping and this def helps to keep the weight off.

Currently weighing 89.7 and 183cm tall... Goal weight is 85kg at this stage then maintain between 80 and 85kg while building muscle

Image_thumb
215 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 3:38am
via Android

I guess I have a bit of an advantage. I don't gain weight easily at all. But I've given up sodas. My addiction, Sprite. Although one occasionally is fine. I was drinking pretty much the whole 2 liter in a day

Image_thumb
172 Posts
May 29, 2015 4:55pm

I gave up on meat long time ago, then on Alcool, cigarettes and e-cig! I gave up on eating too much tne evening because I didn't eat all day long, now I still don't eat all day long but I eat a little the evening...kind of replaced my meals with work outs as it is the only effective way to loose weight with my metabolism! Lastly, I gave up temporarly on running because I had both knees injury due to too much running with flat feets...

29 May
went down from 91 to 72.5 kg in 1 year and 3 month. Alcool, was the first third of it, changing my food with changing country, 1/3 of it and the last third is work outs
04 Aug
Isn't that too much not eating the entire day? :o
04 Aug
Increasing my wirkouts quantity and intensity forced me to eat finally. I usually eat fruit only during day but lastly added some protein (egg or seafood) sonce I started lifting weights
Image_thumb
102 Posts
May 29, 2015 5:11pm
via Android

Aviann..happy to take yoyr lindt chocolate bar..:-P

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 3, 2015 1:31am
via Android

As a beginner, im giving up that extra comfort time i had in exchange of sweating off. Im gradually eliminating softdrinks/sodas. For the moment...that would be all. Im still pumping for mamas milk for my LO. No lite diet yet.

Image_thumb
172 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 2:28pm
via Android

And I went down to 70 kg with the last program I did.

04 Aug
Your knees better now?
04 Aug
Better like 70%! If i run/walk/jump too much the inflamation start back but if i modetate those exercises I am fine.
Image_thumb
459 Posts
Aug 4, 2015 8:58pm
via Android

I gave up on anyone who said I couldn't. I gave up on everyone who no longer strived to grow and progress and in turn push me to do the same. I gave up on neysay'ers ,sycophants, and leeches. I gave up on any part of me that didn't belive in myself. I shook it off and kept grinding forward.

And McDonald's.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Aug 31, 2015 2:57pm

I'm not really giving up any specific foods, just, as others said, really cutting back on the bad stuff. Totally giving up chocolate or ice cream or fries just won't be sustainable for me - it will work in the short term but not in the long. Certain times of the month especially just demand dark chocolate and salt. So instead, I'm keeping them for extra special occasions and really cutting back portions. Having only a few squares of the bar instead of the whole thing, replacing full fat, full sugar ice cream for low fat, low sugar frozen yogurt (I found a dutch chocolate one that's to die for). Instead of supersizing my McDonald's when I treat myself, I go for the smaller portion of nuggets and a small fries, and I treat myself to it much less often, and manage the other foods I eat that day to offset a bit. Maybe at some point I'll be ready to kick these things entirely, but right now, I know that if I tried that, I'd just be miserable and would wind up binging and then hating myself, and feeling crappy any time I ate out with my family at non-diet-friendly restaurants. This way, I can have my treat once in awhile without destroying my calorie goal, I don't feel deprived, and I can keep the cravings manageable.

I AM trying to give up the negative self-talk, the laziness in the mornings, my dislike of feeling hot and sweaty from exercise and my self-consciousness in being active around other people. I want to leave behind forever all the crap that built up over years of feeling incompetent and humiliated in phys ed class and be able to go to a gym and work out without letting 17-year-old me control my fitness forever. That's what I want to give up!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51