Goal of losing 25 lbs in 2015

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 4:37pm
via Android

Hey all! I've been using this app for about a week now and am happy with it so far. In my mid-20s i worked out 5 days a week and biked for 1 and 1/2 hrs a day. I got down to 135 (for my height it wasn't ridiculous) and was in great shape at the time. Then i got a different job, went through a polar vortex, and turned 30. At my heaviest last year i hit 200. I know! After starting to workout again and making some big changes to my eating habits i was able to get down to 176 by the end of 2014.

Now id like to lose another 25 lbs and get back to a good habit of workingout.

Id love to hear about any tips or workouts you'd recommend. I'm not looking for any diets though because I'm more interested in building long term healthy habits.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 5:54pm
via Android

Awesome!  Good to know you are getting back on the fit train. One thing I like to do to keep myself motivated is always make short term goals for me to reach.  For example this week I plan to run 5 miles under 35min.  Next month I plan to eat veggies with every meal to increase my fiber intake, etc...

06 Jan
Thanks for the encouragement and advise. I really like the idea of achievable short term goals that help me get to my main goal and will work that into what I'm doing
1978645_710357412348826_8617713106569185747_n_thumb
1 Post
Jan 6, 2015 9:05pm
via Android

Like yourself, I am working towards a Healthier lifestyle. Mid 40's. ...feeling like I have to keep moving all day to make the scale or clothes work.

Image_thumb
114 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 9:11pm

Welcome to Skimble, Stephen!  Sounds like you've had a great deal of success already.  Great job!  I would echo Nelson's suggestion, and I would add these thoughts: 1) Cardio is the way to go to lose weight.  Running, biking, a lot of crossfit type stuff, etc.  2) the diet (type of intake) will have a huge impact on getting to the next level.  3) Usually our bodies will hit a plataeu, and we have to do something extra to get us over that hump.  So a change in routine can help.  4) Some motivation can come from entering an event of some sort - like a race or something.  This would fit in with setting a short term goal, as Nelson suggested.  Wish you the best!

07 Jan
Thanks for the recommendations.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 7, 2015 5:38pm
via Android

Based on the recommendations ive gotten ive decided to set my first goal as doing at least 30 mins of cardio three days a week for four weeks. 

Im already halfway there and im hoping this will be a good way to ease myself into a more challenging and intense program for my next goal.

07 Jan
That's a great goal, Stephen in that it's measurable and worthy of being achieved. Go get 'em partner!
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 11:57am
via Android

So after four weeks of doing the weight loss for beginners workout three days a week i haven't lost any weight. Im not discouraged. Ive lost size in my waist. I feel good and my ability to do the workout improved. I lost the easy weight last year this year is about breaking the plateau. This is why i joined skimble. Four the next four weeks i will be doing the survivor workout with stretching three times a week and a cardio core workout twice a week.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 7:32pm
via Android

Hey Stephen, glad to hear that you have a plan and that you made progress. How did it go with your second round of workouts (survivor and core workouts for 4 weeks). It'd be nice for everyone to hear you respond with positive results. Good luck and keep at it

16 Mar
Thanks Jeff. I managed to lose a pound not what i wanted but im still losing mass around my waist and am building muscle and toning up. So im not complaining about my progress
16 Mar
I know that scale can work to discourage us all so easily. Keep working and go with how your body feels especially with clothing and after about a month or 2 u should see the changes on the scale to match ur body.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 16, 2015 9:35pm
via Android

So after taking a couple weeks off to move im back. My new plan is three days a week one arm, one leg and one core day. After each focused workout i do the sexy swinging dumbells routine followed by the bold boxer routine.  I stretch to cool down.

Im working to be stricter with my diet i worked to build healthy habits and that helped to start with weight loss last year. Now i need a bit of an extra push to break this plateau.

16 Apr
So i finished up four weeks of this plan no real weight loss just building muscle and trimming my waist size. I was able to increase what i was lifting by 5-10lbs over the course of this program
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Apr 16, 2015 7:27pm

So for the next 6 weeks I plan t odo the burn fat not muscle routine three times a week and ride my bike to and from work 5 days a week.  I will probably add a weight training routine twice a week to this plan inorder to keep up what muscle I've built so far.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51