Running

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 7, 2015 12:19am
via iOS
I've never been good at running!! Really bad!! Looking for tips to get into running (speed, endurance, long distance and breathing). I'm good for short distances, like running after the kids. But for a career in emergency response, would like to run for a long distance, without stopping several times, winded and in pain.
Help much appreciated!
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 7, 2015 12:30am
via Android

Well how long have you tried being consistent with training for endurance. It takes time my friend. You can start steady state on a treadmill at a low speed and gradually increase intensity. You can do a lot of hiit cardio which will increase your aerobic capacity. If you ask me you should be doing both. But stay consistent my friend that is the key to everything.

07 Apr
Jason L. I've previously trained for 2 months and was able to run at a good pace for about 10 minutes. That was at a gym with a treadmill and an elyptycal machine. No gym now, just my garage and the road. Thanks for your info friend. Appreciate it.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 7, 2015 5:37am
via Android

Maybe you should start by slowing down your pace and training endurance first? If you last only for ten minutes you're probably running way too fast which is a common beginner's mistake.

Three things to focus on: breathing, form and tempo. Work each one at a time. With two months of training (what kind? How often?) you should be able to jog for 30 minutes at a slow to moderate pace.

Warming up and stretching is really important too and at least for me it improves my performance a lot.

18 Feb
Golden rule don't increase your milage than 10 percent every week . Run like 4 days a week tops and cross train especially legs and core 2 days especially do planks . Upper body work out is also recommended as simple pushups and pull ups works great

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51