Return of the Back

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 3:30pm
via Android

This is going to be like a journal for me and a chronicle of my journey. I am just now starting my journey of trying to get back into shape and be healthy again after a serious car accident. The a-hole who hit me was doing approximately 50 m.p.h. and texting so he never bothered to brake. I have 2 blown out discs that are completely gone, 8 herniated discs, spinal stenosis and sciatica. I have played sports all of my life (was actually on my way to a co-ed softball double header when hit), so I had a good strong and healthy foundation. Over the past couple of years pain and just thinking I couldn't ever do anything again put me in a funk amd I was pretty sedentary and ate all the wrong foods. With the help of tracking what I eat and nutrition goals with the LoseIt! app, an elliptical machine, walking every morning and some pretty freakin amazing people on here, I am slowly but surely getting back to my "fighting" self :) Thank you everyone for all of the advice and support you have given me; I truly appreciate it.

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 11, 2015 4:18pm
via Android

Additionally, I found some superhero workouts others have done today and might try to tangle some of those...since there is no Comic-Con for me this year

12 Jul
Always looking on the bright side eh? The nerd fitness series is pretty great, I can wait to see what you think of them!
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 12, 2015 11:46pm
via Android

Today was interesting...teaching my Sunday school class and my hip gave out. Popped out of joint again. My son (bless his heart, he is used to it by now) helped me get it back into socket. Took it easy for the rest of the afternoon. I'm getting SO tired of this. But, I think Benji and I will do some arm work in a bit.

15 Jul
Ouch! :( ..I'll pray that never happens to you again
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 13, 2015 4:59pm
via Android

Was woken up by Benji this morning with him in my room yeling "American Ninja today, Pluto tomorrow!!!! Can we do legs today?". I am so glad to have him for support/motivation. He is wearing his R2D2 socks today that I got him because we are going to "work out like machines"...he cracks me up :) I hope my friends on here don't mind, but you guys have been doing some great workouts and after I like them, I check them out and download ones I think I can do. I'm trying to make it a goal to keep up with you all! :)Today it's going to be about 96 with a heat index of 105. Think we will stay inside today. All day inside will give me a chance to do/try many new workouts and really push myself to see what I can do. So, let's roll.

13 Jul
Glad to hear! And yeah, I just "like" the workouts if I see a new one I wanna try (: Stay cool today. Also, my husband is called Benji (:
13 Jul
That's great! We each have a Benji! He is really Benjamin Jr., but I just can't bring myself to call him Ben :/ He looks like my ex-husband, but is nothing like him, so...plus it just fits his personality :)
13 Jul
My husband is William Benjamin but can't stand to be called William, Benjamin (which my mom calls him lol) or Ben.
Jul 13, 2015 10:31pm
via Android

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Jul 15, 2015 7:41pm
via Android

Wow. I love your strength. I know how unfair what happened to you was. Can imagine how you must feel. And for you to find a way out of feeling sorry for yourself and instead empowering yourself is amazing! I hope you keep this spirit alive and always find strength within and supportive people around you :)

Thanks for inspiring me! :)

17 Jul
Thank you so much for taking time to read my ramblings :)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 17, 2015 12:43pm
via Android

I actually got some sleep last night; 5 hours! I've been going through a couple of really bad pain days and it's set back my self-motivation a little. But I've spent a little time looking at thr workouts all of my friends on here have gotten through and decided I need to up my game on good days. They are all doing so well! I also got on the scale again for the first time in a while and was pleasantly surprised. After I started a new muscle relaxer I gained almost 60# in 2 months and that was wven harder on my back. I know I'm really tall and people pretended not to notice..."you weigh that much? Oh well you're tall, you can carry it, nobody will notice". Screw that, *I* noticed. Well, I've gone from 221 down to 187 in 4 months and that's not too shabby. Still have about 20# to go. I don't really care too much about the number, but now my clothes are starting to fit again, it's easier to get in and out of bed and cars, it's taken some pain away from my back and best of all Benji has told me he is proud of me. No one has been proud of me in a long time- I've just been expected to be as perfect as possible in school, sports, home, just everything I do. It felt so good to hear my boy say he was proud of me for working out and going back to school. As soon as I down a little more coffee and the medication kicks in, I'm going to get off my butt, and then work it off. Have a great day my friends!

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 18, 2015 3:47pm
via Android

Today is going to suuuuuuuuck. I had to send Benji with his dad and my pain medicine isn't really working. Right now I'm stuck in bed watching my friends do all kinds of awesome workouts. Vivienne is doing some hella awesome workouts and I think I want to study up some on yoga and give it the ole college try. With my astrobiology class starting tomorrow it would be a great de-stresser. I might double up on the pain meds later and force myself to do somehing...

19 Jul
Keep fighting! We've got your back.
20 Jul
Juat be careful with it - it's broken ;)
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 31, 2015 11:16pm
via Android

Finally got this app deleted and re-installed to where it works. I wasn't able to do wo's, like or comment on anything and it drove me crazy. I updated my phone so maybe that was the problem. During the time I couldn't get on here I kept using the elliptical and lifting my little weights. I also had an MRI done, I'm just waiting on the results. My pain level is about the same, it hasn't changed; but the muscle spasms are getting worse. Maybe because I am moving around more and my muscles are pissed off that they have to work...I don't know. Either way, I'm not going to stop and I am SO glad I got the app to work again. Maybe next month I will upgrade to Pro and start a program...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51